New Meindl boots

Marc

Does beg the question as to how many nobs you normally feel when having a pint after work in normal shoes!! :flute:

not telling........I think people wanna laugh when they look at normal saw boots but dare not as they look like they would hurt if they kicked you in the head ,i get the feeling wearing red ones you might have to be testing that theory....plus in my mind they bring up images of rick from the young ones in red suede boots that prevent me from taking red foot wear seriously:D

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of those maybe 2 month´s ago, and they are very comfy and stable at the same time. Before these I´ve had 3 pairs of Meindl Waldläufer and a pair of Otters. The Otters didn´t last very long, although I did use them for quite a while after that, the Waldläufers for me last about a year and a half, then I can still use them as a summerboot. Can´t say anything about durability on these new ones, but I really like to work in them- and that is NOT because of the color!! Changing shoestrings might help though, maybe limegreen or turquoise.. I guess the best way to get a high "mileage" out of every pair would be to have 2 pairs to alternate between. By the way someone here mentioned his Freedoms, has anyone used both SIP´s and Pfanner´s chainsawtrousers, and can compare them?

Johan

• 10 years later...

I was so happy the day the boss bought me these boots, reason I was so happy was because I didn't have to WASTE my money on boots that are the exact same as walking around with two bridge stone tires on your feet for an entire day. They are crap for insulation during cold months, not one bit water proof and about as rigid and creaky as a thousand year old pirate ship. I find the rubber grips too close together so if working around any muck or even small stones everything gets stuck in the grips. EVERYTHING! Up the tree I find the boots are too bulky and too stiff to move with little grip.

Absolutely no way I would recommend these to anyone.

Rant over.

Up ye go!!!! 3f5c693a720bbcfcccfb4c7802f7de11.jpg