Ag Rover

renewablejohn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it`s a pain attending the 35hrs of training, and aprox £250-300, but its cheaper than £12k, and carry on using your proven method?

Its only proven if your still fit enough to do it. I am not getting any younger and I continually strive to make the operation more efficient which includes reducing the strain on my body. Local delivery with my MB Trac has made the truck redundant its just limiting my economic delivery area to 5 miles rather than the 25 miles with the truck.

Hi All

I have being looking at Agricultural registered landrovers and wondered if anyone had tried to register plg landrover with d.v.l.a as agrictural as the advantages are 1 no mot 2 free tax and 3 run on red deisel ? Also does anyone know if you would be able to legially deliver logs with it when registered as agricultural.thanks chris

Hi All

I have being looking at Agricultural registered landrovers and wondered if anyone had tried to register plg landrover with d.v.l.a as agrictural as the advantages are 1 no mot 2 free tax and 3 run on red deisel ? Also does anyone know if you would be able to legially deliver logs with it when registered as agricultural.thanks chris

A friend has a newish Defender registered as an Agricultural Motor Vehicle and he runs it on a Nil tax plate and red diesel. I seem to remember stipulations were that it could be driven no more that 1.5km on the public highway between field gateways within a certain (small) radius of his base.

Tax, fuel and insure it for the job it will be doing. In the eyes of the law, delivering logs will most likely be deemed as 'haulage'. If VOSA were to get involved, the penalties for evasion would no doubt be serious.

you can register it as an agricultural vehicle, get your free road tax, mot exemption (noteing it must be in a roadworthy condition, so its an advantage to keep it mot'd), but for delivering logs, sorry red diesel is out, there is a list on the dvla site of what is and isnt allowed with red, some weird ones, so in a way you would win some and loose some, but you wouldnt need to go through the crap of the cpc shambles