Ag Rover

renewablejohn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With this CPC coming in for 7.5 tonne truck I am looking to get rid of my Merc 814 curtainsider with tail lift. Want to still deliver using IBC's and dont have a problem less than 5 miles as I will use MB Trac but further away it seems a bit sledge hammer to crack a nut. Was thinking Ag Rover with forks on three point lift would be ideal. Only problem I see with getting rid of the truck is moving 3 tonne excavator but then I will have to manage with MB Trac.

Thanks for the comments.

I did not think a trantor would be much quicker than the MB Trac. As for a hiab where all set up for pallet work so using a crane would be a backward step. As for pallet truck and car transporter trailer I am getting to old for that.

What I have found is this attachment which could fit on my defender

Vehicle Three point hitch Applications and Photos

It looks a bit heath robinson but they do say it lifts 2000 lbs which is more than an IBC container of wood but then you would need some very lightweight forks

Thanks for the comments.

I did not think a trantor would be much quicker than the MB Trac. As for a hiab where all set up for pallet work so using a crane would be a backward step. As for pallet truck and car transporter trailer I am getting to old for that.

What I have found is this attachment which could fit on my defender

Vehicle Three point hitch Applications and Photos

It looks a bit heath robinson but they do say it lifts 2000 lbs which is more than an IBC container of wood but then you would need some very lightweight forks

And possibly some front end weights to keep the steering working. Long term I can see problems with torsion.

That single point attachment to the vehicle is going to be fine in a straight line but cornering with an IBC full of timber is going to put some serious torsion on it.

I thing Stevie’s idea is a good one, getting them off a tilt bed trailer with a pallet truck can’t be much different to of loading with a tail lift.