I need a new truck/tipper but what do i go for??

jnoon

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not starting a mud slinging contest but hilux's are gaining the the same apprieciation group status as Land rovers these day's. Prices are too inflated for old nails and i've been in a few that don't have a rear diff lock fitted and to be fair on one occation it was shown up by a 1.6 sport trak with road tyres on!! Of course i blame top gear for this lol I do know every l200 i've been in has a rear diff lock as standard can't comment on the Ranger but you will find a similar age/milage motor for a couple of grand less than a hilux and about ten grand less than defender.

From my point of view (one thats skint hahaha) when it comes down to doing the job wether towing or off road i can't find the evidence that a hilux is 2k better than a l200 or a ranger and i really can't justify a defender being ten grand better!!!

Of course i'm now going to be publicly executed by men with landrover owners club caps on with pin badges in them lol :)

I'm not starting a mud slinging contest but hilux's are gaining the the same apprieciation group status as Land rovers these day's.

Not to sure what the fuss is about the recent hi-lux.. they have the lowest towing capacity in class at 2250kg... my crappy ranger will pull 3000 only bettered by the landrover... best to be aware of this if your towing trailers with heavy logs.... 2250kg isn't much when you consider a decent trailer will eat up 600kg of that.....

Not to sure what the fuss is about the recent hi-lux.. they have the lowest towing capacity in class at 2250kg... my crappy ranger will pull 3000 only bettered by the landrover... best to be aware of this if your towing trailers with heavy logs.... 2250kg isn't much when you consider a decent trailer will eat up 600kg of that.....

I was leaning more towards the older hilux lol i don't deal in the realms of new vehicles :lol::lol:

I would say 2250kg behind a pick up with no permanent 4x4 is enough. 3000kg is a bit much. I would pay through the nose for a good hilux but would avoid a l200 at all cost only a personal view based on experience and what I have heard. I hear a lot of horror stories about the ranger but not had one I would imagine the ranger tipper as a ready to go deal is a package which is hard to beat and it carries 1000kg which you will never get with the lux unless its alloy.

I'm not starting a mud slinging contest but hilux's are gaining the the same apprieciation group status as Land rovers these day's. Prices are too inflated for old nails and i've been in a few that don't have a rear diff lock fitted and to be fair on one occation it was shown up by a 1.6 sport trak with road tyres on!! Of course i blame top gear for this lol I do know every l200 i've been in has a rear diff lock as standard can't comment on the Ranger but you will find a similar age/milage motor for a couple of grand less than a hilux and about ten grand less than defender.

From my point of view (one thats skint hahaha) when it comes down to doing the job wether towing or off road i can't find the evidence that a hilux is 2k better than a l200 or a ranger and i really can't justify a defender being ten grand better!!!

Of course i'm now going to be publicly executed by men with landrover owners club caps on with pin badges in them lol :)

thanks mate,