I need a new truck/tipper but what do i go for??

jnoon

Hello. Have you looked on the arbtrader listings? There was a mazda or ford ranger day cab with high sides for 2.5k! It had high sides and I remember it had 4 wheel dive, but I may be mistaken. Keep your eye on arbtrader, and autotrader. My ranger daycab has done me well. 28-31mpg empty, and generally less when full of grass and machines. Some advice would be to avoid genuine fordranger tippers, as they don't hold much weight, and seem to go back for repairs a lot. A pro tipper in time might be better. Also get a portable winch with power in and out. They can be very helpful!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pooch0151 be very careful what you say as not only is your comment libellous, slanderous, offensive, without grounds, incorrect, litigious, deformation of my good character and defamatory of me and my company.

If you would like to take it further then under the press and publishing laws covering the UK and Wales including bloggs, forms and social networking sites and part of the Defamation Act you would lose.

The Santana is mine, legitimate and for sale if you want to come and see it be my guest I will have my lawyers draw up the relevant paper work to start court proceedings as have had several Ebay questions on the validity of the auction!

As someone was kind enough to send the link to this forum and your comments, I now know where it all started.

If you wish to hide in the shadows, don’t make comments that you can’t support as they show your ignorance when discussing this listing on Ebay, and probably other areas that you do not have educated knowledge on but just uninformed opinion.

If you would like to publish more that your cryptic user name I will accept a full apology with your full name, company and contact information including an address and telephone number, but wont hold my breath.

Thank you to the other members of the forum that warned this individual of his bad practice I guess that is why some forums get a bad name, shame for the rest who use them in good faith.

Pete Clark,

Chill out Mr Trees ltd he may of been off line with his comment but at the end of the day it was just a comment!!! The fact that your selling thousands of pounds worth of vehicle with a zero star rated account kinda raises eyebrows especially on here. I myself once bid on a chipper that was a scam and luckily didn't get caught out when i won it.

Maybe you should sell a few orniments or dvd's or logs to get a bit of feedback then climb down off your high horse!!

Good day sir.

Chill out Mr Trees ltd he may of been off line with his comment but at the end of the day it was just a comment!!! The fact that your selling thousands of pounds worth of vehicle with a zero star rated account kinda raises eyebrows especially on here. I myself once bid on a chipper that was a scam and luckily didn't get caught out when i won it.

Maybe you should sell a few orniments or dvd's or logs to get a bit of feedback then climb down off your high horse!!

Good day sir.

Its not just a "comment" its an "accusation" and made as a statement of fact, with NO evidence whatsoever!!:thumbdown:

The secret to not getting scammed, is simply to only pay upon collection or delivery of the item, not thinking you are some kind of detective and making false accusations!!

Good day sir.

Have you not been reading the papers or watching the news recently. "just a comment" is landing people in a lot of trouble including prison.

Deformation of character is serious... imagine if someone tried to rubbish your good name.. you'd be upset....!

Its not just a "comment" its an "accusation" and made as a statement of fact, with NO evidence whatsoever!!:thumbdown:

The secret to not getting scammed, is simply to only pay upon collection or delivery of the item, not thinking you are some kind of detective and making false accusations!!

I'm no detective and didn't get scammed because as you said i insisted on cash on collection to which i then recieved a msg from ebay saying that the users account had been hacked etc etc.

Also as i said he was careless with his words and i'm sure he won't do it again but can you not see why he jumped to the conclusion??

To be fair i'm sick of all this legal action at the drop of a hat lark.

It's just making a mountain out of a mole hill!! How has his comment effected or marred Mr Trees ltd's character well it hasn't at worst it's cost him an ebay listing!!!

Some people really need to get a grip!!!

But anyway i'm not hijacking this poor chaps thread anymore and i do appologise for doing so in the first place.

If anyone wishes to continue the convo PM.:thumbup:

I'm no detective and didn't get scammed because as you said i insisted on cash on collection to which i then recieved a msg from ebay saying that the users account had been hacked etc etc.

Also as i said he was careless with his words and i'm sure he won't do it again but can you not see why he jumped to the conclusion??

To be fair i'm sick of all this legal action at the drop of a hat lark.

It's just making a mountain out of a mole hill!! How has his comment effected or marred Mr Trees ltd's character well it hasn't at worst it's cost him an ebay listing!!!

Some people really need to get a grip!!!

But anyway i'm not hijacking this poor chaps thread anymore and i do appologise for doing so in the first place.

If anyone wishes to continue the convo PM.:thumbup:

Or possibly the sale of his truck.

That eBay add you put up is a scam m8 buy nothink off eBay or go look first :sneaky2:

Right this is getting up my nose now! The above statment is a careless one that i'm sure nobody on here will replicate.

As for leagal action nowhere in the ebay listing does it state Mr Trees ltd's name or trading name, address etc and nowhere in the above statment does it mention any name either so unless trees130 the ebay username that has no feedback want's to take Pooch151 to court there is no case. The bit that really annoys me is that instead of creating a username on here and saying HOLD YOUR HOURSES there son this is my truck and it's not a scam. He created an arbtalk account and started threatening legal action!!

Since i started on arbtalk i've found it to be a friendly community and have met some really good people that i've learnt alot from.

I just think things can easily get out of hand over nothing. If Pooch151 had started printing flyers rubbishing Trees ltd and delivered them in his local area or started a lets hate trees ltd facebook page then fair do's. But he didn't he made a thoughtless passing comment which consisted of one line just 18 words and thats enough to prompt a response threatening legal action???? Not only that as a tax payer i'd be made to think i'm paying for a QC to sit in judgment over something like this!!!!!

Can anyone see why this is down right anoying or am i just living on a different planet to the where theres a blame theres claim culture one everyone seems to be on these days.

Right this is getting up my nose now! The above statment is a careless one that i'm sure nobody on here will replicate.

As for leagal action nowhere in the ebay listing does it state Mr Trees ltd's name or trading name, address etc and nowhere in the above statment does it mention any name either so unless trees130 the ebay username that has no feedback want's to take Pooch151 to court there is no case. The bit that really annoys me is that instead of creating a username on here and saying HOLD YOUR HOURSES there son this is my truck and it's not a scam. He created an arbtalk account and started threatening legal action!!

Since i started on arbtalk i've found it to be a friendly community and have met some really good people that i've learnt alot from.

I just think things can easily get out of hand over nothing. If Pooch151 had started printing flyers rubbishing Trees ltd and delivered them in his local area or started a lets hate trees ltd facebook page then fair do's. But he didn't he made a thoughtless passing comment which consisted of one line just 18 words and thats enough to prompt a response threatening legal action???? Not only that as a tax payer i'd be made to think i'm paying for a QC to sit in judgment over something like this!!!!!

Can anyone see why this is down right anoying or am i just living on a different planet to the where theres a blame theres claim culture one everyone seems to be on these days.

TBH, you seem to be the one who's making a big deal out of this.

Just for a moment put yourself in the eBay sellers place, you don't use eBay much (obvious from the "O" rating) but decide to sell your truck on there, suddenly you start getting people asking (via eBay message) if your a crook!! and then you gets sent a link to this site (which he probably knows nothing about) and see that someone has stated as fact, not suggested or implied, but stated as FACT that your listing is a scam and you are a crook!!

Can you really blame him for being more than a little annoyed?????:confused1:

TBH, you seem to be the one who's making a big deal out of this.

Just for a moment put yourself in the eBay sellers place, you don't use eBay much (obvious from the "O" rating) but decide to sell your truck on there, suddenly you start getting people asking (via eBay message) if your a crook!! and then you gets sent a link to this site (which he probably knows nothing about) and see that someone has stated as fact, not suggested or implied, but stated as FACT that your listing is a scam and you are a crook!!

Can you really blame him for being more than a little annoyed?????:confused1:

zero rating suggests it's a new account or never used as you gain feedback from buying aswell as selling. The account name trees130 is rather specific to the item listed. Also as stated by yourself the way to not get conned is by viewing the item and paying on collection/delivery!! would you buy a vehicle unseen?? So as i said i would be annoyed but i think threatening legal action is extreme!! and i would have been a bit more down to earth about it!

Those are my views, you think it's ok for treesltd to start quoting chapter and verse about legal action this and that. Those are your views and i don't agree with them and if you keep replying so will i because i'm confident in my conviction so lets argree to disagree and have done with it. :001_smile:

zero rating suggests it's a new account or never used as you gain feedback from buying aswell as selling. The account name trees130 is rather specific to the item listed. Also as stated by yourself the way to not get conned is by viewing the item and paying on collection/delivery!! would you buy a vehicle unseen?? So as i said i would be annoyed but i think threatening legal action is extreme!! and i would have been a bit more down to earth about it!

Those are my views, you think it's ok for treesltd to start quoting chapter and verse about legal action this and that. Those are your views and i don't agree with them and if you keep replying so will i because i'm confident in my conviction so lets argree to disagree and have done with it. :001_smile:

Where did I state that was my view????:confused1:

You seem to make a great many assumptions.