Greenmech quad chip 160 pros/cons

JN Tree Care

I have to agree in some ways - having an easily removable control box would probably make machines more difficult to move on if not steal in the first place. If a control box was designed that was specific to a particular manufacturer (it needn't be machine specific as we aren't talking about production runs of tens of thousands worldwide) then any machine taken without said box would need to come back within the dealer network for a replacement, or otherwise be easily recognisable as an incomplete (and therefore suspect) machine.

There would obviously be an increase in development costs which would have to be passed on to the end user but this may well be reflected in reduced insurance premiums. I would not want to move away from generic keys personally - this would lead to huge cost issues whenever a key went missing, and would be a logistical nightmare for companies with several machines.

In terms of preventing the machines getting stolen in the first place, removable control boxes would be of limited benefit for tracked machines and of no use at all for trailed, other than the fact that the machines would hopefully be less attractive to the undesirables living amongst us.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blades turned in a record 16 min tonight from getting tools out to putting them away, 1st turn of the round blades since putting them in and its done nearly 40hrs on them, they last so much longer than them quad blades!

Doing a lot of roadside work at the moment has showen a big plus point to the turntable and that is that staff are further away from live traffic as they can do all the feeding from the verge which means our safety zone can be smaller.

Our quad chip turned up today via Global and to say we are chuffed is an under statement. So well thought out, easy to maintain, good to use, light, powerfull, user friendly.

The only complaint I have is why didn't you make these years ago Pete.

'Global' are you talking about ''Global Recycling'??

I thought they only sold Bandit chippers.?

:confused1:

I'm glad it has turned up in time Kev, I gave birth to a set of jugs the other week when I went through the factory to see bare chassis on the floor and I thought that one was yours! Thank god it wasn't and yours was inthe previous batch!

Hodgey! A QuadTrak is listed at that£25+ change thou.