Refusing to cut down a tree

James91

Not always quite that straight forward, we deal with LA's and TO's all over the country and while the majority will like you say tell you over the phone there is an increasing number that will only respond to an e mail and this some times takes days or even weeks in some cases if the TO is on holiday or works part time.

It's certainly an awkward situation for you and it's a tough decision to make, good luck.

One other thing for you consider depending on how the estate you work for is configured is 'felling license'. Unlikely it will affect you with these two trees but it all counts towards the volume/time period.

TPO maps are a public document, so you can just go into the town hall and ask to see them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James91, new account, I wasn't going to keep you updated, but figured I probably should.

Literally feel sick I'm that worried about tomorrow, but I've made my mind up:

If he hasn't checked, I'll check, If they cant give me an answer, I'm going to refuse, if he fires me, so be it.

Edited by Jimmy91

James91, new account, I wasn't going to keep you updated, but figured I probably should.

Literally feel sick I'm that worried about tomorrow, but I've made my mind up:

If he hasn't checked, I'll check, If they cant give me an answer, I'm going to refuse, if he fires me, so be it.

Take em to the cleaners, the press, stitch em up good and proper if it comes to it; like they fire you - easy headline there mate.

they are online in my area

the potential maximum fine for damage to a tree with a TPO is £20,000 for the employer

and £10,000 for the guy or girl with the saw .:blushing:

I think its actually a maximum of £20K, that can be shared between those responsible for the offence. That would normally be the owner and the contractor.

I am not aware of an case where an "employee" of a contractor has be fined.