Funny lines that customers come out with!

danroker1987

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With us if it fits in chipper it gets chipped if it's stopping there or not

Tell me why you'd do this please. I'm obviously missing something as struggling to understand why you'd do something that didn't want doing unless doing it is quicker than not doing it if that makes sense???

Some people just have no idea what we do sometimes lol

I think that's why some people have a go anyway. It's made of wood and near vertical, (sometimes). How difficult could it be to get it horizontal and miss the birdbath, pool, fence, towpath, next door's vintage Jag and the house. After all, if you can buy a chainsaw and helmet or gloves... how dangerous could it possibly be...

If you've never seen the bloom when a Bessemer was blown or spark shower when a hearth was poured or felt a concussion blast or the woomp of a sizeable tree hitting the deck or finally finding the sought for brass plate, together with four others; and realising you've dug through an entire family or witnessed a landscape made of tips & heaps.

Without having had the experience, how can people know what a tree or a cutter in/by/under a canopy is capable of or the stored energy in the heavily bending boughs & leaning trucks.

Edited by TGB

Tell me why you'd do this please. I'm obviously missing something as struggling to understand why you'd do something that didn't want doing unless doing it is quicker than not doing it if that makes sense???

Imagine a small tree that is 6 inchs at the base, you price it at £xxx I can cut it down in one cut and I can fire that through my chipper in one, all done in 10 minutes??

or you can fart around making it into firewood and chip all the branchs a inch or smaller stack everything neatly, rake all the saw dust etc. makes a little quick job a pain imo , and actually costs you more it could be argued.

Without having had the experience, how can people know what a tree or a cutter in/by/under a canopy is capable of or the stored energy in the heavily bending boughs & leaning trucks.

Take a relative of mine. I reckon his wife dislikes trees and he wants a quiet life. "That tree is blocking light from the pansies." So off he goes with hatchet and bowsaw. There goes the bark and appearing are several deep knicks.

So when he calls a tree surgeon, (I'm not a pro tree climber). There's the guarantee, that the report won't say, "A bit off the top and it's a good un." So another recently healthy tree disappears. Over the years, ten trees in one garden have met this fate. Ranging from a sizeable oak to two mature magnolias. On another property, it's hard to know what's gone missing, as the scrub is thick & prickly.

Imagine a small tree that is 6 inchs at the base, you price it at £xxx I can cut it down in one cut and I can fire that through my chipper in one, all done in 10 minutes??

or you can fart around making it into firewood and chip all the branchs a inch or smaller stack everything neatly, rake all the saw dust etc. makes a little quick job a pain imo , and actually costs you more it could be argued.

ok understood thanks.

Hi Scotty,

I think that that is exactly why he does it.

Chippers are ultimately just labour saving devices.

When i'm chipping i'll be putting 5 or 6 inch bits through my TW150 (as I don't sell on logs). This takes seconds per branch.

When i'm working for my father (who does sell logs) he'll be dressing it down to 2 to 3 inches. This takes minutes per branch.

Times that difference by how many branches in the tree and it can add a considerable amount of time, and also p1sses off the climber!

I was stood on the top of a garage cutting a hedge with the polesaw which i would say hadnt been cut for ten years.When the old boy shouted to us what are you doing i said trimming the hedge mate he said im not your bloody mate!!! I said okay whats your problem then he said this hedge hasnt been trimmed since the war and furthermore if i was younger i would give you both a damn good hiding.I did laugh about that one!!!!!