Class........whats it mean these days???

skyhuck

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how a few on here see themselves as working class and wife/children as middle class.

Whoever said that power was the most important thing these days was right. You don't have to use it but it's nice to have it. Power isn't 'my tank is bigger than yours' it's just about how you can have what you want within reason and how people react to you. I know a few people who are money rich but not liked- who would want that?

Anyway what do you lot know........plebs:biggrin:

You shouldn't confuse class and wealth.

I agree. Wealth can't buy class. Equally, having class does not mean you're wealthy.

A position in the 'class system' is something that is assumed by people who think they deserve a position.

A person is either classy or not and I think class/style is a naturally occurring phenomenon, not something that can be bought.

Those that assume class by displaying expensive cars and clothes, in most cases only display vulgarity.

Those that assume class by displaying expensive cars and clothes, in most cases only display vulgarity.

Even that means nothing anymore with the amount of fakes and lease cars. Chavs with range rovers and cayan's, Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Barbour etc.

In my time, i was in the position of being contracted to 'lookafter' such people, and id say 80% of them where down to earth and very nice people. A class system as said doesnt exist anymore

mmm estate owner here very down to earth and will think nothing of standing in the larder wearing boiler suit and wellies and sharing a hidden (from his wife) bottle of malt BUT when his friends come for their hunting and fishing its all smoking jacket and slippers and a glass of pimms even his voice changes in front of them ,

Even that means nothing anymore with the amount of fakes and lease cars. Chavs with range rovers and cayan's, Burberry, Prada, Gucci, Barbour etc.

Reading over the replies of this thread reminds me of a series from the UK called, Keeping up appearances. It amazes me how much time and $$$$$ is spent here Stateside maintaining the illusion of wealth, power or class.

Status symbols weather real or fake I suppose help place or help folks deal with which class they either find themselfs in or wish they actually were in.

A waste of emotional Capital IMO, but than again to each their own.

easy-lift guy

Reading over the replies of this thread reminds me of a series from the UK called, Keeping up appearances. It amazes me how much time and $$$$$ is spent here Stateside maintaining the illusion of wealth, power or class.

Status symbols weather real or fake I suppose help place or help folks deal with which class they either find themselfs in or wish they actually were in.

A waste of emotional Capital IMO, but than again to each their own.

easy-lift guy

Too true,my old grandpa always maintained its ' not the clothes you wear,but whats in your pockets'!:biggrin: