Who are the tattoo junkies in the world of arbtalk?!

will.morris

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was White Noise who said about covering up his old military tats that he had done while serving. IMO, these are a part of your own life story, and maybe should be incorporated into an updated tat, not covered. I was talking to this elderly ex-forces guy (in his 80's) and each tat had a story behind it, where it was done, why he was sent to that area, even the hand-done with bone needle one while he fought with the Chindits. To have covered these later on would have erased 20odd years of service. I think tats are about being an individual, and part of that individuality is having your own life story portrayed in ink.

Will, I like the theory of having heavy ink and piercings to be different, yet you all become the same :001_smile: just a thought.

I think it was White Noise who said about covering up his old military tats that he had done while serving. IMO, these are a part of your own life story, and maybe should be incorporated into an updated tat, not covered. I was talking to this elderly ex-forces guy (in his 80's) and each tat had a story behind it, where it was done, why he was sent to that area, even the hand-done with bone needle one while he fought with the Chindits. To have covered these later on would have erased 20odd years of service. I think tats are about being an individual, and part of that individuality is having your own life story portrayed in ink.

Will, I like the theory of having heavy ink and piercings to be different, yet you all become the same :001_smile: just a thought.

That's very true Andy I've a few that arnt great but it reminds me of past times and some good stories

Hi Andy

Not into tats myself, but can understand where you are coming from with this. Body art with some personal thought and meaning

Sadly quite a number of aquaintences have rushed out and got some ink on the spur of the moment - read pished/loved up or other wise not in their normal frame of mind :001_rolleyes: - and would rather forget those particular events. That or got something done because all their mates have it or it is the latest fashion, but has no personal connection.

On that basis I think the coverup experts are going to be kept busy for a while yet :lol:

Mind you, have seen some brilliant cover ups too, but that says more about the inker rather than the inkee.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...