a nice cut for hung trees

dadio

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e7pKCaQp-4]Woodhenge - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a video of the snap cut used by a couple of township or state highway workers... these guys know more about patching blacktop than cutting trees, and they managed just fine..

No disrespect intended, point being, if that can make it work, why can't you? They saw my video and were able to get it done.. its not rocket science... Pretty simple actually!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a guy killed in Rotorua doing exactly that. First Pine he felled got hung up in a second. He walked over to the second tree and put in his gob and back cut while standing right under the hung up tree. He didn't get from under it in time.

Thank you!

That's a perfect example... the snap cut, when understood and made properly, takes the faller OUT OF DANGER, by keeping him from needing to try other methods, that have their own (often extreme) risks..

Here's a video of the snap cut used by a couple of township or state highway workers... these guys know more about patching blacktop than cutting trees, and they managed just fine..

No disrespect intended, point being, if that can make it work, why can't you? They saw my video and were able to get it done.. its not rocket science... Pretty simple actually!

Your arrogance is staggering :001_huh:

Thank you!

That's a perfect example... the snap cut, when understood and made properly, takes the faller OUT OF DANGER, by keeping him from needing to try other methods, that have their own (often extreme) risks..

I don't get it ??? Why is he out of danger ??? He is still right in the danger zone ,working under a load of potential widow makers and cutting a load of compressed timber in only what can be described as an over balanced and dangerous work position. Both techniques can kill agreed but I personally know a few people who have had very bad accidents chasing hung Up trees and as I said earlier its the closest I have ever came to having a serious injury in tree work.

Way way back in time, way before the conception of this forum, I recall a forum where any videos showing anything other than textbook work would be removed. What's great about this forum is the freedom to show Treework in the real world, done by real people. What we must all remember is that there are correct safe techniques that are taught and should be used where applicable, and just because you see a video on a forum that doesn't automatically make it the newer safer technique. Nor does it make it wrong. I think it would be a very tedious boring forum if people only showed and discussed the correct techniques.

I've done some dangerous trees in my time, but I've also left some until bigger better equipment can be brought in to make them as safe as possible, and this is the key IMO, knowing the limitations of your skills, and the equipment available to you and working within those parameters.

Way way back in time, way before the conception of this forum, I recall a forum where any videos showing anything other than textbook work would be removed. What's great about this forum is the freedom to show Treework in the real world, done by real people. What we must all remember is that there are correct safe techniques that are taught and should be used where applicable, and just because you see a video on a forum that doesn't automatically make it the newer safer technique. Nor does it make it wrong. I think it would be a very tedious boring forum if people only showed and discussed the correct techniques.

I've done some dangerous trees in my time, but I've also left some until bigger better equipment can be brought in to make them as safe as possible, and this is the key IMO, knowing the limitations of your skills, and the equipment available to you and working within those parameters.

:congrats:

That's fine:thumbup:

But your not insanely arrogant about it either, are you, unlike others that may not be mentioned:biggrin:

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Thank you!

so then Dadio when are you going to talk me through your method on how to deal with the situation that your saw has pinched ? lets be honest if a skilled veteran such as your self almost trapped your saw on a couple of occasions in the original video then im sure many of us lowly tree cutters from England would if we tried it !! so come on talk us through how to deal with the situation and where to put what cuts