redwood dismantle

testcricket01

At least you didnt have to handball all that timber!

Having seen the site, I have to say its a lot tighter than it looks in the pics, and I think you've done a cracking job.

cheers guys! im glad its all finished now. thanks to peter for coming over with his lorry to pick up the lumps of timber and taking it to dan curtis's place to eventually mill :thumbup1:

also a shot for you david it seems you were dead right about what the decay was on closer inspection i found the white layers under the bark.

IMG_0036.jpg.c6705fec7411ed939898c649855499df.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg.b8d51dc56dd1c55e2c667bea9b1e61e5.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg.21b9d84871f4f83b501f486b87833315.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg.bdddea716c1ae8b046d91ab710a4d43a.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also a shot for you david it seems you were dead right about what the decay was on closer inspection i found the white layers under the bark.

Appreciate you posting the pathology bits James. :thumbup1:

I feel it's often a missed opportunity for the membership (including myself) to learn bits of the jigsaw puzzle of how and why trees give up their struggle.

Especially in threads on big tree take downs which tend (rightly so) to focus on the dismantling techniques and the end use of the timber.

Fewer and fewer of these old and tall specimens standing now for us to admire in life and death. Big gap in the planting range between what the Victorians left us and the urban landscape malaise of the associated war years.

Sometimes wish I'd had the opportunity to tackle some of the work you now find yourself doing. Looks fun :biggrin:

Onwards and upwards, look forward to your next challenge.

I didnt realise your only 22 James, i've read alot of your threads and there is some fine work. Seems you are getting a real hang of the crane jobs. What level of cricket did you play mate?

Cheers man, i try my best to do well. Only had 2-3 yrs playing cricket i played in the top leaque in norfolk when i had to pack it in i had the county team offering to send me to the oval in london again to try and sort my back out, cause i was a fast bowler it was just the stress of the action that would cripple me every week.

Appreciate you posting the pathology bits James. :thumbup1:

I feel it's often a missed opportunity for the membership (including myself) to learn bits of the jigsaw puzzle of how and why trees give up their struggle.

Especially in threads on big tree take downs which tend (rightly so) to focus on the dismantling techniques and the end use of the timber.

Fewer and fewer of these old and tall specimens standing now for us to admire in life and death. Big gap in the planting range between what the Victorians left us and the urban landscape malaise of the associated war years.

Sometimes wish I'd had the opportunity to tackle some of the work you now find yourself doing. Looks fun :biggrin:

Onwards and upwards, look forward to your next challenge.

Cheers david im trying to get more into the fungi etc after i did the rfs course last year its all disappeared out if my head :blushing: