Customers Moaning

philg

Why is it there is always the odd customer thats a "Mr Know it all" cut logs for years ,seasoned logs for years and generally knows it all about firewood but orders at the first cold snap and complains wood isn't seasoned enough:sneaky2: I reckon i've done about 30 odd cube this week and everyone happy accept this one P***k. The timber he had had been in the barn since the spring and was bone dry. And he then asks why I'm so busy this time of year because as I'd told him nearly all customers order as many logs in the summer as they can hold as year after year I've tried to educate them to do this, what I forgot to say is all those customers also require second and third loads throughout the season. The best bit I had e-mailed off him was perhaps I didn't like to hear negative feedback. When you work hard all year to reap the rewards through the cold winter months it can be a bit soul distroying.

Thanks Phil

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the money don't deal with him ever again, Its always good to come on here and let it off your chest. Your not the only one with clients like this we are working with Jo Public at the end of the day. Woods not dry enough, I though you would of taken more off then that.

We could work for free and they would still moan and ask for money off. Have a cizer as John/Medip says

Get the money don't deal with him ever again, Its always good to come on here and let it off your chest. Your not the only one with clients like this we are working with Jo Public at the end of the day. Woods not dry enough, I though you would of taken more off then that.

We could work for free and they would still moan and ask for money off. Have a cizer as John/Medip says

I might have just one tonight but i'm flat out delivering again tommorow so a clear head needed. But as of next Friday from 1pm onwards i is going to consume lots and lots of "Cizer" as Jon would say:thumbup:

I get a few customers sayng "i,ll give you £70 cash" for my £75 a load of logs . My reply is "what does the girl on the till at the supermarket you shop at say when you try and knock her down?" I,m sure they think your just doing logs for a bit of beer money

Sod 'em.

If people had half a brain they would be stocking up at the start of spring for the following winter, rather than waiting until the middle of winter to order. I am constantly amazed by the number of people that don't know how to a) correctly store firewood b) correctly operate a stove.

It's so bloody simple - get any timber and get it dry. Doesn't have to be any specific species (though they all have their own burning characteristics). Light your stove, get it to temperature (get a flue thermometer - best £12 you can spend) and enjoy. Even my neighbour, who is more or less reliant on her stove for her heat can't use it properly. 'Just ticking over' equates to two logs smouldering tarring up the chimney giving off no heat.

Rant over! :laugh1:

i`v had 2 like that this week!!!!

proper know it alls!!!!

the first one even said they had just had the stove fitted yesterday!!! then starts telling me that i dont know anything about firewood!!

wtf???????

the second one only wanted beech & ash logs as all other wood is no good for burning!!!!

lmfao!!!!!

i did think about selling him a load of white ash thats stuck at the back of the yard!!!!!

i do find it funny that people who have only had a wood burner for a few months or couple of years & dont know how to use it properly demand that all the beech & ash trees be felled so they can burn them to keep warm!!!

and dont get me started about people trying to get money off!!!

my favourite at the moment is customers keep asking for money off as theres a recession on dont you know

believe me luv if i had known i would have asked for double & then knocked you 25% off as a recession beating price!!!!!

This is my first year of doing logs, my first potential customer wouldn't let me deliver on the Tuesday the following week as he looked at the weather forecast and it said it will be raining and as I refused to promiss that the timber will not get wet he didn't want the order!! Customers don't understand the essentials and practice needs of firewood, instead of stressing about it I went to the local saw mill and believe it or not struck a really good deal with them to take all the processed hard wood we could produce. Not as much profit for me but stress free and allows me to concentrate on what where good at, "cutting trees".

I do feel you're pain mate but I think you will have many more interesting customers to come so stock up on that cizer "as we say in the south west"