Show us your fencing!!

Matthew Storrs

One we have recently finished....... the summer out here was so wet and rainy that it was put of for so long, thought it was going to be winter before we got cracking. Luckily we were blessed with a stunning sunny autumn.

Anyway it was 150mm x 50mm Oak rails fitted into through mortices in the 125mm Acacia posts. We had all the timber sawn at a local sawmill and cut the top chamfers and mortices in our workshops..... not a fun job on 185 posts.

We also made up the Oak gates bespoke to fit the gap.....

DSC_3420_zpse9e503e4.jpg

DSC_3416_zpsefa62d1c.jpg

DSC_3408_zps5b46ff0e.jpg

DSC_3365_zpsaf8f95e5.jpg

There are more pics on our facebook page. Like us if you like and we'll like you back :)

Edited by Stompy

One we have recently finished....... the summer out here was so wet and rainy that it was put of for so long, thought it was going to be winter before we got cracking. Luckily we were blessed with a stunning sunny autumn.

Anyway it was 150mm x 50mm Oak rails fitted into through mortices in the 125mm Acacia posts. We had all the timber sawn at a local sawmill and cut the top chamfers and mortices in our workshops..... not a fun job on 185 posts.

We also made up the Oak gates bespoke to fit the gap.....

DSC_3420_zpse9e503e4.jpg

DSC_3416_zpsefa62d1c.jpg

DSC_3408_zps5b46ff0e.jpg

DSC_3365_zpsaf8f95e5.jpg

There are more pics on our facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/oaktreemill . Like us if you like and we'll like you back :)

Quality!!:thumbup1:

Anybody got any designs or ideas for carrying and rolling out horse netting. Got mini digger or tracked barrow to fit it to, know there's the quick fencer type machines but look a bit heavy for 1.5t digger. Even something as simple as a spike welded to the side of the bucket just wondered if anyone has had a go.

All you need is an arm with a copy of a quickfencer sleeve on that spins. Doesn't have to be fancy. Could have a 4ft length of scaffold pole welded on a base with a big disc at the bottom that spins with the wire. Should be dead easy, I made one for my tracked dumper out of scrap in an hour and has unrolled 100's of rolls and no signs of wearing out!

59766b682cc52_WP_20131104_003(1).jpg.2e1ad1ef988266b381b6172706c79c83.jpg

• 1 year later...

Most of my work is tree work, but I've been asked to quote for a few fences recently.

I haven't put up any close board for a while but I did a lot when working for a my old employer about 5 years ago.

Here's one we put up yesterday.

Pics underneath

Edited by Will Heal