Show us your fencing!!

Matthew Storrs

Cheers, yours looks a bit more fancy than mine, you do a lot of fencing? I'd quite like to do a bit more, It was a nice break from tree work and when I get a bit faster it'll be a good earner too

Do it pal, it has filled in gaps in tree work for us, folk like to have 1 contractor that can come in and remove trees/hedging grind the stumps and whack a new fence up :thumbup1: we have done loads of it. I like doing it as i find doing trees can get on your nerves a bit, its hard work doing concrete but it looks good, if your gunna do it its worth getting a mixer, generator & breaker as they make the job much faster :thumbup:

Don't very often do post and rail in a garden, this was to replace some old flimsy post and rail that had deteriated and neighbour was worried would fall into his garden, owner was also worried that there was nothing to stop anyone dropping 12 ft onto the drive below with the old fence having collapsed.

1462131209647.jpg.13bc242cd569949073194ffa27804227.jpg

1462131225601.jpg.156d1f6f732b00675ec15203b406fd77.jpg

• 11 months later...
Nice work. How did you hang the gate on the concrete posts?

Timon.

A piece of timber on each left & right end post fixed on with thunder bolts of concrete screws I think they call em. Then just hang your gate off that, solid.

Just dig the hole your going to swing it off a bit bigger and put more concrete in so it doesn't move.

I wouldn't do it with anything other than a pedestrian gate prob will be bit too heavy.