Show us your fencing!!

Matthew Storrs

Good work:thumbup1: why don't you have gravel/kick boards with your feather edging fences?

We occasionally do if we go 6' 6", i think it looks better without. We always leave 2-3" gap under to keep it off the damp ground.

Is that something you do?

We occasionally do if we go 6' 6", i think it looks better without. We always leave 2-3" gap under to keep it off the damp ground.

Is that something you do?

No, ive never seen it without a 6in gravel board, guess its a north of England thing. looks good though:thumbup1: so you must put the capping on first, then but the boards up to it?

No, ive never seen it without a 6in gravel board, guess its a north of England thing. looks good though:thumbup1: so you must put the capping on first, then but the boards up to it?

Basically yeah, first and last post in, string line on floor, string line across top 1.8 apart, rails on, capping on, then i put boards on with level and board in 1 and and nail gun with other so they are all spot on. i prefer wood over concrete much easier to handle but i always think you can do more with wood than concrete.

How do you fix the rails on? do you notch them out?

I can buy "v" notched posts up to 9ft, but in this job the customer bought all materials and he forgot to ask for the posts to be rebated for the capping and all the boards were 6in too long , he spent 2 days with his circular saw :laugh1: I have "v" notched posts in the past and found it quite easy. I screw my rails on with 90mm screws

I can buy "v" notched posts up to 9ft, but in this job the customer bought all materials and he forgot to ask for the posts to be rebated for the capping and all the boards were 6in too long , he spent 2 days with his circular saw :laugh1: I have "v" notched posts in the past and found it quite easy. I screw my rails on with 90mm screws

I have seen that before but have never done it myself. we get most of the materials we use from 1 of 2 suppliers but have used others in the past and i have never seen those posts before, looks good that :thumbup1: