Cat rescue

kentjames

Got a call this afternoon to a kitten who got itself up a tree at 8am this morning. Only took 12 minutes to get up, rescue and get it down again in a bag and most of that was getting its feet in the bag :biggrin:

I didnt charge for it and ask for the owner to make a charitable donation to Kent Air Ambulance :thumbup:

Only one pic of the cat up the tree

Anyone else done this recently :confused1::thumbup:

DSCN4357.jpg.aed689e4fe2f874b2887c839e9d74f1c.jpg

funnily enough I carried out my first cat rescue this weekend - twas my daughters birthday but she had just gone down for a nap (2 years old) so gambled on getting there getting it down and getting home before she noticed.

Distraught lady and i have a soft spot for animals.

I dont think the cat could have gotten any higher, god knows where it was trying to get to.

Told the lad I might have to "persuade it" down due to its position, but it seemed pretty glad to see me - so there wasnt a struggle.

Roh did one the other week, got to the cat, grabbed it via its scruff ready to put in his rope bag, it tried to twist itself in knots Roh had to let go or it was going to strangle itself it then bit him so he dropped it, it hit every branch falling through the tree, landed and ran off, thinking it was going to die, roh was really apologetic to the owners but later that night it came back no worse for wear and is alright

Rohs hands a mess, thumb swollen up - wont bother with cat rescues again

joy

I had a call first thing on a Sunday morning someone had flown a remote controlled helicopter into a tree in a local park.. "How much do you think it would cost we don't have much money on us" I didn't go. Did feel like saying what's the helicopter worth ha

No cats, but two remote control planes. The second was in a real rough declining poplar. The owner pointed out how high he had free climbed, man he had some big ones to get as high as he did.

These planes must have been worth a bit, I charged twenty quid for going out, they were really local, but both owners gave me fifty notes and took business cards for their flying club.:thumbup:

It wasnt a cat or what you would call lost, but many years ago I spotted a baloon in the top of a neighbours tree, I could see it had a tag on it. Now there had been quite a few competitions where there was a prize for the furthest traveled baloon, so.....up, up, up I went, up to the lofty top of what was a decent sized lombardy.

Into the brittlemost reaches of the spindly tips I climbed to reach the ballon, the tag was a small envelope which I eagarly opend in my lofty perch, I was dismayed, no prize or richies for me, just the words Jesus Loves You,.............. well if he did why did he make me climb the tree?