the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

I thought so mate....you are the inspector gadget of the tree world as i have said many times and i would expect nothing but perfection when it comes to machinery opperation

Cheers bud, me and that machine are going to get quite used to each other as got a good weeks worth of stacking and sorting timber and building brash cover piles with it in a big hardwood stand we have been on thinning for a few weeks. Got two new extraction routes to dig into the hillside with it as well. Luckily it has a decent radio!

Was the ticket a condition of the hire Co, the contract, your insurance or just something you wanted to do?

Something I wanted to do as using the machine more so good for insurance both hired in plant and business as if something happens at least can show some formal training and assessment nd shows a recognised level of machine competence for using them on some of the contracts we take on.

Unfortunately only covers to 10ton machines and got to go cpcs after that I believe but rare we need anything bigger than the 8 nd if we do its easier to get a friend in with his 14 or 25 to do it for us nd bill client directly.

Good trainer who works for environmental agency so was quite keen on safety and environment side of the test of understanding, definitely worth doing.

Bit of an annoying one today. Taking down a large Spruce, chogging off pretty big lumps onto a brash pile. Anyway it turns out there was a disused manhole buried about 5" beneath a few years worth of composted needles which one of the chogs must have cracked. Didn't know anything about it till one of the groundies fell through it :biggrin:

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1454943692.535138.jpg.ad88d50afa685df5a946760bfefab585.jpg