the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

There's no such thing as wasted time when you are being paid hourly!

I beg to differ. There is when you only get 10 days off over Christmas and its one of your days off. The run up to Christmas is always full on for me as it's halfway through winter site managements, enforcements, clearances which require them completed before Christmas. 7 day weeks and long hours. This was supposed to be the last job and knock. So me and my mate bob came in. Let everyone else have the day off.

So for me to get paid I have to complete the task fully, be it another unplanned day paid but felt it could of been completed within the original timeframe with a slight increase in costing. Rather than switching to an hourly rate and costing a heck of a lot more.

Wasted time for me was reducing them, then reducing them 24hrs later.

Although I'm not complaining about the bill I've sent in.

Could they not enforce wholesale removal so to avoid a scabby hedge (not slighting your work there mind)

Ty

Would of been cheaper! Not sure the ins and outs. I try not to know that much so I can stay neutral on site. It's all based on calculations normally and will only be enforceable in certain situations. They can amend on site to appease other deemed things. For instance we had to remove the overhang back to the boundary line which, made them look ugly so at a guess that could be why we were asked to reduce them lower.

Or even to have removed the section by the house and reduce the remainder in my eyes would have been the best option in middle ground terms. But I'm always baffled at how people allow these situations to get to this. Out of the last 10 I've done id say only 1 couldn't of afforded to pay for the works. She's the only one we were asked to crash it down and leave in situ.

Todays job is my last job this year :thumbup: has i was shaking like a shi..ing dog and probably coming down with a virus , no climbing and used my pole saw and my little Husky 135.Wee chipper stuck right in the job and Ivy cut back and Severed , no intentions of touching the ivy branches on the asbestos asbestos roof so will let nature take its place and let it die off .3 bags of chip/few logs and finished at 1 .

[ATTACH]195672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]195676[/ATTACH]

Ste