the 'todays job' thread

WoodED

todays,tomorrows n day after s job.first day at work after a long 2 weeks holiday this is what i had to do.big monster aspen?(i think)blown into 3 different garden angry house owners to deal with while trying to get the whole thing down safely.2 pond 2 shed,lots of smashed fence panels,cement mixer and wotever else underneath the tree.its about 70ft.access is about 3 ft wide gate.to top it up whole thing covered in horrible ivy.all good fun:) [ATTACH]145425[/ATTACH.

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1389046614.573117.jpg.e72e2d914afd6afbf8908bbe84cb2b66.jpg

Thanks guys, I have no protection trousers or anything like that due to the fact that I dont do this for job and couldnt afford them for this kind of assignment. About the light I started setting up at daylight, yes it´s only six hours a daylight there and were only to try out my kit and setup, then it went to full roaming thru canopy with saw because all went without a hitch (pun intended) =) Now Im desperately waiting more chances like this to have fun and train different methods. I have got into these treeclimbing tricks pretty well it seems, propably due to this forum =) and therefore were quite confident to try.

Thanks guys, I have no protection trousers or anything like that due to the fact that I dont do this for job and couldnt afford them for this kind of assignment. About the light I started setting up at daylight, yes it´s only six hours a daylight there and were only to try out my kit and setup, then it went to full roaming thru canopy with saw because all went without a hitch (pun intended) =) Now Im desperately waiting more chances like this to have fun and train different methods. I have got into these treeclimbing tricks pretty well it seems, propably due to this forum =) and therefore were quite confident to try.

Can you afford to cut your legs? Whether you are doing it as a job or hobby you should have protection, if you had kickback in the tree and the bar caught your leg then what? You could bleed out up the tree. Safety should be number 1 priority. I'm not having a go at you just offering advice.:)

As I learnt to my cost, chainsaws really hurt when they get stuck in your leg! Trousers are defo worth every penny

Yep, I definitely recognize that legs are in danger and the threat caused by swinging bar. I tried to avoid cutting on the same side where my supporting leg were so that there were always stem between my leg and bar, no good excuse I reckon. Also if I am blessed with more cases like that Ill be looking for PPE like trousers and etc.

Sorted this fallen eucalyptus out today. Was going to quote to remove it before Christmas when it was still standing but the wind did half the job for me :)

Was over 3 gardens, a shed, hung up in two cordylines, a plum and rambling rose. No access, got soaked but lots of tea and Christmas cake! :thumbup:

1389119542254.jpg.9c6638637db8c0255f1d45cd1fb91da2.jpg