drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

I can work with stoners/tokers on the condition they keep it for after works

I would rather not work with boozers.

I absolutely can not work with chemheads (smack, coke and so on)

Drugs at work as a full on NO in my books.

Some really crazy stories in here from folks, I was shocked at some of it. I just kept shouting "how, eh, wtf, sack the bas"£$d, ill take his job" mind blowing what some of you had to put up with.

from my experiences.

Stoners are a right pain to work with if they are smoking on the job but they can graft like navies when they get in the zone!

Boozers.. (not weekend drinkers) unreliable, hostile and very dangerous. Crazy mood swings. I have lost large tree planting contracts when a tree planter I was trying out arrived on site still bleezing and punched out the forester :S

Chemheads... yikes. these poor kids need help. There is no place in arb/forestry for these poor misguided souls. work with them at your own risk! I will never again! Totally unfit for work in any regard.

the loss of production and downtime caused by booze is quite shocking though! Caused me more grief in the workplace than anything else.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awefull mate, i think its dam right dangerous to be taking drugs on site full stop weather it be wee,pills or anything. i have never touched drugs whilst working arboriculture 3 years of clean living i only have a few drinks at the weekend and do not drink at all in the week. i know a guy who lives in leeds who might be looking for work if you want pm me and il sort his details out for you. i went to college with the dude hes a good groundie and has his 38 and 39. :thumbup1:

If I were to smoke a joint it would be in the comfort of my own sofa, with southpark on the telly and a large bag of Maltesers. generally being as inactive as possible, I dont understand why anyone would want to get stoned whilst doing tree work.

I do work with someone for a large firm i sub contract to, who smokes a joint on the way to work each morning, everyone knows about it (not sure about the boss) he's a nice guy gets on with his work, a bit clumsy which can be worrying. But no one seems to care, "it just makes him feel normal"

This makes me wonder; as i like to drink. what would people say if i had a can of special brew each morning on the way in?

As for ketamine anyone doing that at work should be fired (from a cannon if one avalible) a line of that and you can barely walk (so i have been told) let alone do tree work, better accompanied by a cheap bottle of cider and a squat party!

Drug use has always been an issue in this line of work, arbs work hard and a lot play hard too.

in my opinion (not worth much i know) what goes on at work is the bosses business, what goes on out of work is not, performance at work is the bosses business too.

if one allows ones performance to effect business and more importantly the teams safety then your asking for whats going on out of hours to come into bosses territory.

Ive done my fair share, young and reckless, its a phase some of us go through, and many reasons why some of us turn to it so dont be too judgmental till you have given fair chance.

Drug use has always been an issue in this line of work, arbs work hard and a lot play hard too.

in my opinion (not worth much i know) what goes on at work is the bosses business, what goes on out of work is not, performance at work is the bosses business too.

if one allows ones performance to effect business and more importantly the teams safety then your asking for whats going on out of hours to come into bosses territory.

Ive done my fair share, young and reckless, its a phase some of us go through, and many reasons why some of us turn to it so dont be too judgmental till you have given fair chance.

wise words

If you've done drugs you will understand and many people come out the other the better for it even if it is just the ability to understand the addict mentality.

No bodys perfect

wise words

If you've done drugs you will understand and many people come out the other the better for it even if it is just the ability to understand the addict mentality.

No bodys perfect

very few of the recreational drugs are actually an addiction issue, Nicotine and alcohol are scientifically proven to be more addictive than many narcotics/or natural substances. Though some of these newer chemical highs are especially this mcat or methadrone and ketamine seem to be causing much bigger problems than the LSD MDMA and speed of my days, even the Hospital staff are saying so.

in my opinion (not worth much i know) what goes on at work is the bosses business, what goes on out of work is not,.

A valid point... but!

If you are employed by a company, you are representing them whether you are at work or out of work.

A valid point... but!

If you are employed by a company, you are representing them whether you are at work or out of work.

no i disagree, your paid hours, those hours your not paid is no ones but your own business.

dictate my working life but mind your own business outside of it, its a job not a slave role, my life is mine

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad