drugs at work!!!!!

simonm

We had a lad at work who got into stuffing ketamin up his nose in his spare time.

He became unpleasant, unreliable and aggressive.

It transpired that he'd been doing at work for some time and I asked him to stop and told him I wasn't going to report him as he was an important asset to me on site but I wasn't going to stand for it.

A week later, right in front of me he made himself a huge line of the siht and snorted it all down.

I was totally aghast as we were sitting not thirty foot away from a copper who was mowing his lawn next door!

After the rasher had put his mower away and bggrd off, I blew up at him asking what he fudge he thought he was doing, the lighting fast reply came as 'fcuk off' I totally lost it and belted him round the face, very funny to watch the powder come squirting out his nose as I did it, but definately the wrong way to deal with subordinates :sad:

The next day I got to work to find out the boss had sent him home with a weeks suspended pay because he'd come out of his house with snot encrusted polos round his nose, a week later he smashed a £400 bit of kit into a customers patio cracking the customers (rather expensive) paving and irreprably damaging the unit.

It also got back to us sometime later that he'd been stealing from customers.

Don't tolerate drugs at work!

Do what towelly does, do a good days work then reward yourself afterwards! :thumbup1:

No, belting him around the face was the best way to deal with it :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K at work?!? Jesus Christ.

I get enhanced CRB check every couple of years but don't get drug checked. I personally would not agree with drug checks. If you suspect someones using at work or not on the ball from the night before, then deal with it then.

I may not be employed or know many of you on here but i have see what drugs and alcohol can do to people and the family's.

In this line of work you have to think about what you are doing and the people around you because if you are not thinking clearly it could be extremely dangerous and even costly.

You did right in my book and many others will fell the same way.

Andy Collins is 100% right and i agree with him.

why on erth would anybody allow anyone on site if they've put anything stronger then caffeine in their system.Its really simple do drugs then f**k off and work for somebody else.About 10 years ago I caught one of labourers I was in charge of smoking weed on site.He became aggresive with me when I challenged him about it.So I rang the bosses who told me I was to dismiss him immediately.Which I did.Then because of his attitude I told him I wasn't taking him back to the yard and promptly left him 20 miles from home.When his mum rung me and complained about I told her why and she went mad.

Worked with a few who do weed who swear it doesent affect them. The effects were that bad, these people didnt realise the damage it had allready done to their mental health. Everybody had to work around the problems cannabis users have, like paranoia, violent outbursts, dangerous practises. I hate drugs, and more so since I had to work with a couple of "tokers". I had the mispleasure of working with a supervisor who did it, he insisted on driving the JCB, and was useless at that sober, never mind whilst smoking pot at the same time. I do not worry about offending or rubbing cannabis (or any other drug) users / abusers the wrong way, they are all the same. All these pressure groups make out cannabis is better than alcohol, well, they are wrong, at least alcoholics can sober up and be ok, cannabis seems to stick in peoples system and rot their brains. I have refused to work with people because of their drug problems, and was never affraid to explain to bosses as to why I was refusing to work with these people. Everybody should put their foot down to this sort of rubbish.

Well i dont know much about drugs,but i do have my share of rough diamonds and young street fighters that come out on jobs with me,havn't seen any proof of drugtaking,but if i did then they wont get a second chance.

This job is dangerous enough without making a rope for your own neck.

I do love antidrugs rants.. At work no,at play maybe. But to say alcoholics can sober up and be ok is total poppy cock .

And all users are same? So that inc alcohol then? Its a drug. Now im not into getting smashed at work nor others too,but to tar a certain section of sociaty with the same brush is wrong. There are good drugs and bad drugs ,the good are alongside alcohol but all in moderation.

Edited by Dr.Green

Years ago when i did some rail works we got into the yard and got told a drug test was going to happen before we left for site, two lads went into the office and handed in there resignations as it was better to quit than be sacked for failing the test.