Sick of Stihl

Wolfie

I've just been in with my stihl dealer in Dublin with the MS660 , chain brake not working when saw gets hot , O he said , I'll have a look , the saw is only 3 years old and not used that much its still on its first 30" bar / chain.

I'm thinking the dark side maybe the way forward.

Hi hopper just ring stihl mate they will have it back mine is 3 years old there very worry about it just need to ring them Jon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear Stihl are looking into it.

My experiences with stihl recently not been great. Hate the 4 mix hedge cutter engines= too noisy. Needle bearings on the 261 went after a couple of weeks.

But on the plus side. 660 great. 400T wizza great. Big strimmer great. Blowers are fine and powerful. Telescopic brilliant. Hedge cutter heads and chainsaw head work well.Splitting maul is good. Moisture meter is good. C/s trousers OK. MS200 fantastic. Viking brand lawnmowers are good.

I didn't realise how much Stihl stuff we had until this. :001_rolleyes:

this may be common knowledge to all which I'm sure may possibly be the case but some products are made in the states and some in germany you can tell by the serial number if it has a one as the first number on the sticker its made in germany and if it has a two its the states. ....... again may be stating the obvious

i not a stihl fan got the hs81r 30inch hedge cutter and the hs86t 40inch edge cutter only good thing is they good on petrol but can cut big stuff more than 15mm the blades lose sharpness quick and for £1100 for two hedge trimmer not cheap and they crap every stihl chainsaw i have own never has oiled right from day one i bought a new m170 for a chipper saw if you use it for more than ten minutes the orange top cover for the air filter will start to melt i vow from now im thinking twice befor i buy a stihl again

New style fuel caps alwasy seem to break on my blower which is odd as it only gets open once a week or so.

4 stroke machine dont seem to stay in tune for long.

Need to look for this trigger thread as i have had 3 ms200t triggers break recently.

New style fuel caps alwasy seem to break on my blower which is odd as it only gets open once a week or so.

4 stroke machine dont seem to stay in tune for long.

Need to look for this trigger thread as i have had 3 ms200t triggers break recently.

think you will like that thread :lol:

That sounds like an Echo?:lol:

Ps

I shall love & cherish and re-build if necessary my beloved 1997 026 Stihl.

Which must have been built when Stihl were still properly engineered.

I dont know that I could bring myself to run a Husky:blushing:( after bad experiences with their strimmers & washing machines) so will perhaps look at Makita or Echo.

I'm thinking along the same lines, either Makita, Echo or possibly a Kawasaki hedge-trimmer.

Have just looked at the Husky 128LDX but for the power unit and various attachments that i would want, it would be well over £1000.