Sick of Stihl

Wolfie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Stihl, but I also love Husky.

Just use whatever works.

I cannot believe people get so emotional over a brand.

No kidding!

Buy the right gear, dont rely on a single brand to hold your hand like some trusted lifelong guide. They dont care about you, just your money.

Stihl makes great gear and not great gear

Husky, Echo, Dolmar the same.

Theres enough info on the net to give you a pretty good idea what bit of gear is great and which isnt.

Use it and shop wisely

This is so true

I have never said I prefer one over the other as a brand.

Our 261 as a machine has been a heap of crap since almost day one. It's now overheating.

Used to use husky but have a local stihl source where I get 20% off and that is powerful. Having said that stihl have last year increased prices by a big % so I'm not sure how they compare anymore.

The best thing about sticking with one brand is the interchangeability of parts and attachments.

This is so true

I have never said I prefer one over the other as a brand.

Our 261 as a machine has been a heap of crap since almost day one. It's now overheating.

Used to use husky but have a local stihl source where I get 20% off and that is powerful. Having said that stihl have last year increased prices by a big % so I'm not sure how they compare anymore.

The best thing about sticking with one brand is the interchangeability of parts and attachments.

:lol::lol: stihl having interchangeable parts. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: stihl having interchangeable parts. :lol::lol:

I see you point but we have several machines that are identical- pole cutters/ blowers / and often there is one in the workshop bin being canibalised to repair the others. The problem is often that it is the same thing that goes wrong.

The attachment area is more important. We have about 8 hedge cutter heads and they will fit all our pole cutters so if one breaks or needs sharpening then there is another ready to go (or should be). Plus the chainsaw heads fit all machines. It's a no brainer really.

Of course then I go and buy an Echo because someone on here said it was good but when something on that breaks it's out of action and parts are the other side of Canterbury or America. Plus it's a bit feeble.

It really does pay to stick with a brand for this reason.

A few years ago, I purchased my first "proper" chainsaw secondhand, I mailed Husqvarna with the serial number asking for the user manual and got the exploded parts list, the user manual and service manual within 24 hrs.

Call me a cynic but don't reckon I would have got anything from Stihl - they are typically Germanic about any technical data and it makes life much more dificult IMO!

thb i not use predominately use Husky saws as i have found them to be the best all round saws for general ground work and felling , as soon as the 540t comes out we will be buying several and replacing the Ms200t and 201t this being said i will not be changing away from the ms880 as if way out performs the husky 3120 . all in all i thinks that it is good to have a mixture of saws that suit their application as opposed to being brand name led .