card payment?

delabodge

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used this a few times, works really well!

Will be available in UK too.

All you need is a smartphone or pad!:001_smile:

https://www.izettle.com/gb/

Xerxses like the look of this but a bit confused about charges. They mention 2.75% which I presume is the card operators charges then talk about £0.10 per transaction and 3.5%. Do you mind me asking what charges you are actually being charged as the website does not seem to be very clear.

I have been looking to get a card terminal for something not to do with tree surgery and found the costs to be quite high (merchant account set up + monthly fees + transaction% etc) but I wanted to accept payment which was not just paypal (not everyone has a account...)

and then I found paypal terminal - its £20 a month and between 1.4%-3.5% per transaction, all you do is type the card details into paypal (100% secure) and takes about 1 min per transaction and then it either accepts or declines the transaction, and the money goes straight into your paypal account - best way of accepting card payment for all small business IMO. :-)

I use XLN terminal, its 14p a transaction and 20 a month. 1.2% on a credit card which i dont let people use unless they pay the extra on top at 2%!!

They make it soooo much easier than waiting for cheques, Barclays charge me for handling cash at 2% so thats not even easier! Each cheque is £1.20 to put in so this card machine saves me effort and money.

Xerxses like the look of this but a bit confused about charges. They mention 2.75% which I presume is the card operators charges then talk about £0.10 per transaction and 3.5%. Do you mind me asking what charges you are actually being charged as the website does not seem to be very clear.

Basically its bit confusing because its an introductory offer. They did it in the same way in Sweden.

Here it is 20 squids to set up an account with them and get the card reader. They charge 2,75% on each transaction with the card reader.

You can use the app with your smartphone without buying the card reader but then they charge you more on each transaction and you have to look less professional and put all the digits of the card by hand...(3,5%+10p)

So as an introduction they don't charge you for the card reader , they only charge when you actually use it. Suppose they want referrals and feedback from UK users.

So don't hesitate, get it now! (b4 they charge u for the reader):thumbup:

Here they accept Visa aswell...