Caught on camera

Treemon

Well, my staff got a warning the first time I caught them using the top handle on the floor, second time they wouldn't get paid for the day and third time sacked.

It's not good practice and all I want is an accident advertised all over the h&se web site and finding out my insurance was invalid just because they can be arsed to get the ground saw...That's great for business!

It's a dangerous piece of kit that's why you need your climbing tickets to buy one! (Apparently but I've never been asked)

Saying that my local fencing contractor uses one for topping fence posts in his shorts!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got my cs38/39

I use my top handle everyday, in the tree or on the ground.

Even on my course, the tutor promoted me to use it on the ground to get used too the handling.

Aren't we the trained people better to understand our tools, than not?

It's mine, and i'll use it how I like, let that not be said for others without training or understanding.

got my cs38/39

I use my top handle everyday, in the tree or on the ground.

Even on my course, the tutor promoted me to use it on the ground to get used too the handling.

Aren't we the trained people better to understand our tools, than not?

It's mine, and i'll use it how I like, let that not be said for others without training or understanding.

What he said .

But its not the point that we feel we can use it on the ground, its about minimising risks-a topper is easy to use one handed- and with kickback or release of a tensioned branch/sappling throwing the saw towards you, no-one is capable of stopping it one handed-tw handed is still hard as the handles are so close

and the natural arc your folding arm takes, brings the saw towards your torso-i should know i have a small but leech like scar on my sternum-3 inch higher, or if the chain was spinning could be a much bigger scar at best, could easly be a severed carotid artery

limiting the use to within the tree limits the risk-as profesionals we should recognise this atleast on a public forum

But its not the point that we feel we can use it on the ground, its about minimising risks-a topper is easy to use one handed- and with kickback or release of a tensioned branch/sappling throwing the saw towards you, no-one is capable of stopping it one handed-tw handed is still hard as the handles are so close

and the natural arc your folding arm takes, brings the saw towards your torso-i should know i have a small but leech like scar on my sternum-3 inch higher, or if the chain was spinning could be a much bigger scar at best, could easly be a severed carotid artery

limiting the use to within the tree limits the risk-as profesionals we should recognise this atleast on a public forum

:dito:

Well, my staff got a warning the first time I caught them using the top handle on the floor, second time they wouldn't get paid for the day and third time sacked.

It's not good practice and all I want is an accident advertised all over the h&se web site and finding out my insurance was invalid just because they can be arsed to get the ground saw...That's great for business!

It's a dangerous piece of kit that's why you need your climbing tickets to buy one! (Apparently but I've never been asked)

Saying that my local fencing contractor uses one for topping fence posts in his shorts!!

Going off topic and not wanting to interfere with how you run your business, you may very well find that this amounts to an illegal deduction of wages which could cause you a lot of problems. :001_smile: