The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

When I first bought the Disco it had done 98k miles and the turbo gave a lovely little ‘whistle’ and peak engine revs, just before you’d change gear. It’s stopped doing that now, although it doesn’t seem to be lacking any power. Any ideas??

A turbo will normally give the impression of whistleing if there is no air filter in the air box or you have a split turbo hose that opens at high load.

You might have inadvertantly fixed it over time.

Thanks,

Hugh.

A turbo will normally give the impression of whistleing if there is no air filter in the air box or you have a split turbo hose that opens at high load.

You might have inadvertantly fixed it over time.

Thanks,

Hugh.

I replaced the hoses ages ago with some posh silicone ones – cheers for that. :thumbup1:

Am i the only one who thinks they are a overrated pile of dog p**!

Mine did nothing but break, every damn month of the yr!

Hell it keep my tax bill down to next to nothing cos evertime i looked like i might make a little profit it would go and break itself!

I joke u not it was 95% new by the time i got rid of it! For nearly 2 yrs i would say there cant be much left to go wrong! Even the engine needed a new head gasket at 60K

Utter junk!

(although look the part for a tree surgeon )

No i got rid of it the other day after replacing 95%.

Thing was it came with a Massive service history, even a new engine at 60k as it was ex water board or something ( i am trying to blank out the memories) as money was obviously not an object. even the horn broke. And everybody says the bits are cheap, i asked a Landrover Secalist to fix a simple rear axle oil seal as it was leaking( where the drive shaft joins ( salisbury axle ??)) and he said he only did range rovers! ponce. Thats the guy in winkfield, berks. Bought a rubber gromet to go on the brake master server from LR cos nobdy around my way did it- £8. Even the parts man was shocked!

I went through about 5 different mechanics trying to find one that knew how to actually work on one ( not just plug into a ecu).

I will never repeat the mistake of buying such a over rated unreliable outdated peice of junk.

And my old boss has had one too(LWBdefender) which was crap too. heater didnt work, had more water inside than when i go scuba diving, towed a preadator 28 like it was towing the titanic.Maybe it was just us but we should have bought shares in Kwic fit, damn innertubes. Why cant LR move on with the time and get tubeless?

The best thing about it was the alarm! oh wait that was not made by landrover.

My brother had a shogun, pi**ed all over the LR. Comfort, towing reliability. In fact the only bad thing about it is the fact that Pykies use it. Why cos they work well and dont break!

When u last see one of them drive a LR? They maybe assh*** but they know a decent vehicle from a piece of junk