The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

Sniff,

One simply engages the factory fitted dff locks and drives or reverses out, assuming one is still running the proper factory spec tyres.

Tried that one, it was pretty much floating on top of the slop so no traction whatsoever. Up to the axles mudplugging, though with not to much plugging :blushing:

Oh the shame of it!:blushing::blushing::blushing:

In my defence the passenger had two open cups of coffee so I couldn't keep much momentum:sneaky2: This was where we were working on Friday, when I walked in the wrong bit I sunk nearly up to the knee:thumbdown:

That's one of the main symptoms of gay-tyre-itis! :001_tt2:

Mines having some love this week. New bias plate, gearbox off and refresh clutch and fix leaky rear engine seal and paint bumpers to stop them looking so grey. Then maybe fix the curled up dash!

I do appreciate that tyre choice, tyre tread remaining and last but not least INFLATION pressure are more important than the chassis on which they are mounted.

I reversed down a steep bank to turn in a tight spot, and then failed to make forward progress, simply spinning on the very stiff but greasy wet red clay.

A bit concerned since I had dropped the Mrs. off in the back of beyond and was due to collect her.

Before mobile phones, this was, or we didny have any leastwise.

After reducing the tyre pressure to probably not much over single figures in PSI's , she simply drove out with very little fuss and no revs or clutch slipping necessary.

Prior to letting air out there was only about 30 PSI in the tyres.

Phew!

Goodrich all terrains. I had been going backwards and forward through it all day but the coffee run stopped me, plus I picked the deepest part that time.

That steering guard will become an anchor once you got towed out. We found that with our steering guard. Brilliant for skimming over ruts, not so good if the diffs become beached.

Sniff,

One simply engages the factory fitted dff locks and drives or reverses out, assuming one is still running the proper factory spec tyres.

If one drives a Steyr Daimler Puch Van that is:001_tt2:

Which SDP van is now conservatively worth twice what I paid for her about 8 year ago:thumbup:

Tis a pity about the constant 24mpg mind:lol:

If I said that an otherwise identical spec vehicle but car type instead and a year older with more miles was on the market for £35,000.00, with viewers coming from South Africa to view:001_smile:

Van 1998, car type 1997, seriousley!

Lets see pictures of said Steyr Daimler Puch van then Difflock!!

That steering guard will become an anchor once you got towed out. We found that with our steering guard. Brilliant for skimming over ruts, not so good if the diffs become beached.

Yup, don't rate them much myself. If you tow a vehicle with one of those fitted backwards any distance throught deep mud you run a very big risk of destroying the rad and intercooler as the steering guard shovels the mud up between the grill panel and cooling group. I have seen the whole of the engine bay filled almost solid with mud in this way, not good!