In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

I can't believe my daughter has the same one-eye-closed hungover expression as me!

That is one brilliant pic Mark, a classic, I picked up on it straight away....:001_cool:

Same as the last one, one to remember....:thumbup1:

Cheers Silky, you're an absolute star mate and I enjoyed every minute of your company.......:thumbup:

Really glad things panned out for you Silky, your enthusiasm is infectious, you have ability through your years of experience, I don't think you ever need to be down to your last quid again, I'm sure just a quick pm for help will sort you out.

This thread is a fine example of the forum being used properly, to advantage you, to help in a quest for work. It's made such a refreshing change to see a thread which doesn't just say, "I need work, call me on **** **********" and achieving yet another dead end. It's been well documented, making it a fun thread to read, and want to catch the next installment.

To those who think Arbtalk is about a small clique of people who all know each other, and others aren't welcome, Silky has proven this isnt the case, I knew him by sight at shows, others didn't know him at all. But through this thread he has found help, work, friends in areas he had never worked with people he never knew.

All the best Silky, which ever route you choose to take :thumbup:

• Like 1

Really glad things panned out for you Silky, your enthusiasm is infectious, you have ability through your years of experience, I don't think you ever need to be down to your last quid again, I'm sure just a quick pm for help will sort you out.

This thread is a fine example of the forum being used properly, to advantage you, to help in a quest for work. It's made such a refreshing change to see a thread which doesn't just say, "I need work, call me on **** **********" and achieving yet another dead end. It's been well documented, making it a fun thread to read, and want to catch the next installment.

To those who think Arbtalk is about a small clique of people who all know each other, and others aren't welcome, Silky has proven this isnt the case, I knew him by sight at shows, others didn't know him at all. But through this thread he has found help, work, friends in areas he had never worked with people he never knew.

All the best Silky, which ever route you choose to take :thumbup:

Exactly. Well said Andy. :thumbup1:

• Like 1

Inspirational, motivational etc etc but more than any of that Silky Fox has, through his own intelligence and tenacity, become a living legend!

Any youngsters thinking of doing a two year college course and expecting a top paid job at the end, forget it.

This thread is now one of your best sources of education.

Mark my words, fifteen years from now people will be sitting round camp fires at the APF talking affectionatly about these two weeks.

👍👍

• Like 1

Don't be silly, 15years from now, H&S will abolish fire, and sitting around for risk of piles, the APF will be finished as there will be no forestry industry any more thanks to tree hugging activists, and we will all be bankrupt. So we'll be sitting around our computers talking about it, with our pipes and slipper cos in 15 years well be retired and living on a crap pension. Doom doom doomity doom with a bit of gloom chucked in for good measure. :biggrin:

• Haha 1