In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

8 hours ago, silky fox said:

Nothing planned except to look forward to leaving my room to take the dog.Other than work I am back in isolation.After many months of meeting my Grandson in the virtual world of Fortnite I have gone as far as I can but my 50+ brain can no longer keep up with him and although I would consider myself certainly one of the best Grandads at the game I can no longer compete with him.....It was fun while it lasted and he still calls me on video chat...but i am no longer his team mate.Gamer "Silkyfox 842" has left the battle.........

20201123_132428.jpg

I used to enjoy playing call of duty but only the campaigns. Soon as I went online I’d go blown to bits on 10 seconds by a snotty 7 year old. It’s a young mans game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, silky fox said:

.Had a woken up at this time back then on a Sunday morning I would probably made my way to the all night store somewhere a bought a load of tinnies and drank myself back to sleep.......thankfully those days are long gone.

Wow! I didn't realise your drinking had been so bad. No wonder you feel better for giving it up! 👍

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, silky fox said:

A quick sail over to Northumbria to loot and pillage a village...then I need to update my thread as I had a fantastic couple of days with Chopsdaily last week before the snow arrived.I met yet another Arbtalker and a new Landy and another of Spuds ported saws.

20210204_131239.jpg

20210204_174934.jpg

20210204_165648.jpg

Paul..... I’ve never known someone so enthusiastic when it’s pissing down! 😆😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, silky fox said:

Any other gamers out in Arbtalkland who enjoy the free roam world? Then I can thoroughly recommend the immense fun that is....

20210214_050827.jpg

I might give that a go. I was going to play Red Dead Redemption. Bought a new PC for CAD stuff and it has a canny graphics card in it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, skyhuck said:

Wow! I didn't realise your drinking had been so bad. No wonder you feel better for giving it up! 👍

I was a high functioning alcoholic I suppose they call it...for 20 years I guess.It didn't impact on my life other than the habitual consumption of it everyday.I found it easy to stop once I made the decision.Not had a drop since December 31st 2016 and it's now as if I had never done it.I am firing on all cylinders and preparing for my new life.This year...possibly next.Great to hear from you Andy,it's been a long time since I came down to do a day with you.First time I had ever been in a tree with an Apache helicopter buzzing around the area!!! Hopefully our paths will cross in the future👍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Here you go silkster...blast from the past your old Navarna & My Old Ranger at the camp site back of the Holford Arms...think it was 2014 Arb Show...just seeing your Old Navarna in the snow reminded me of your truck..your heritage is Viking then🦊⚔️

4E399D11-86E9-4033-8BD1-B1F0A798E576.thumb.jpeg.045769f852f6782fbea98a7a293ae5aa.jpeg

Thanks Wayne! We will meet up again at an Arbshow in the future I am sure.Yep my results from my Ancestry.DNA test put me at 52% U.K 18% Scandinavian and the rest was South Asia...(My Grandfather was Indian)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I used to enjoy playing call of duty but only the campaigns. Soon as I went online I’d go blown to bits on 10 seconds by a snotty 7 year old. It’s a young mans game 

I could keep up with the extremely fast paced gaming in Fortnite until my Grandson reached 8 and now I have no chance ...Vallhalla is a bit slower paced but a lot more Gory...

Nice to hear from you all.Over the course of this last year I have moved further away from the internet and back to a more organic life.I have always been quite a private person.So lurking in the background more as I used to.I have only Facebook to delete which I intend to I shall always keep Arbtalk.It fits into my life so well and I am such a big fan of this platform.Okay...to continue......

• Like 2