In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

47 minutes ago, silky fox said:

So what to do for the rest of the day? Well,I did recieve a letter asking me to arrange an appointment to come for a jab.I didn't realise that I had reached that age yet??? But apparently I am now officially "old"😳🧓 My parent who I have been caring for the last 10 months or so both had a Covid jab over Xmas.My father was a research chemist as is my brother.In fact my sister in law and niece are also in Pathology research so I am happy to put my trust in Science and medical advances especially during recent events.The sooner my family and I are protected and hopefully the world follows...the sooner I can know my folks are safe and I can get on a plane😉....According to the nurse I will join the other over 50's around April but in the meantime it's just for Flu....Stay safe Arbtalkers.👍

20210107_171559.jpg

You too wee silky fox 🙂 I did concerns about the Covid vaccination but I have decided if I am offered one at some point I will take it.  Take care 😁

• Like 1

Possibly the best news since March happened the day after.And really quite mind blowing the more I think about how shielded I have kept my folks in our home and careful we have been.The three of us have only been outside together maybe two or three times but this time I was able to welcome them back from a visit to the clinic where they had their second final shot of Covid Vaccine.I am grateful,as are the entire family that they were fortunate enough to be called in.On a personal level this has filled me with so much hope and happiness.

20210109_123558.jpg

• Like 19

14 hours ago, silky fox said:

Possibly the best news since March happened the day after.And really quite mind blowing the more I think about how shielded I have kept my folks in our home and careful we have been.The three of us have only been outside together maybe two or three times but this time I was able to welcome them back from a visit to the clinic where they had their second final shot of Covid Vaccine.I am grateful,as are the entire family that they were fortunate enough to be called in.On a personal level this has filled me with so much hope and happiness.

20210109_123558.jpg

What a relief Paul . I had my first jab this Wednesday . My second will be on the 1st of April . ( read into that what you will ) 😊

• Like 3

On 14/01/2021 at 05:44, silky fox said:

20210109_123558.jpg

That's wicked news Paul.

Batman suits you.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2021 at 19:50, Stubby said:

What a relief Paul . I had my first jab this Wednesday . My second will be on the 1st of April . ( read into that what you will ) 😊

I'm being serious this time, Stubby. Was it a no-brainer or did you think about having the vaccination?

I'm no anti, just curious.

Mark J my friend.Tis indeed Wicked news.I,m learning a lot about Bats and the habitats recently but I am also using this time to open up new doors and I have found 2020/21 a great opportunity to do that.I know a lot of people who have looked for all the positives of which there have been many over the course of the last 12 months if you turn off the T.V and don't get involved with politics,Social media "Experts," or conspiracy theorists 🤯. The guidelines have always been clear to me as far as I'm concerned.....The time I have here I intend to persue my Tree related work and this week once again as this great Platform has proved to me yet again after many years now I was contacted by an Arbtalker regarding work.I prefer to work as close to home as possible certainly during lockdown and as luck would have it my new Arbtalk friend works very local to me and we met just along the road for a couple of domestic jobs.Nothing taxing or photo worthy but very enjoyable and nice to introduce ourselves and discuss future work.Again I got to show off the very capable performance of the 161T with some big cuts and impressive battery life.Over the course of about 4 years now I have to say that the 160/161T have never let me down in every kind of cutting scenario.And at the other end of the scale I got to use his Husky on the timber.A great first day with Scott. A.k.A "Chopsdaily" 

20210111_090139.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm being serious this time, Stubby. Was it a no-brainer or did you think about having the vaccination?

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

No brainer mate . Can't see why anyone would not .  Had the anti flu and pnumonia and it was just like doing that to be fair mate .

• Like 5