Council slapping tpo on tree's

treeracer25

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its what they are teaching students at college, and I dont think its bad advice.

A lot of our work involves working with TO's, why would you want to upset them?

Bushlit, show me that on the sylabus. Where does it say grass your client to the tree officer?

Show me where it says you have to allow a public servant to hold you to ransom.

contractors job, fulfill the clients wishes, tree officers job, protect trees, tree officers don't help contractors and shouldnt expect the same from them.

Bushlit, show me that on the sylabus. Where does it say grass your client to the tree officer?

Show me where it says you have to allow a public servant to hold you to ransom.

contractors job, fulfill the clients wishes, tree officers job, protect trees, tree officers don't help contractors and shouldnt expect the same from them.

Andy, youre attitude stinks.

No ones GRASSING on anyone and certainly no one is being held to RANSOM.

You are twisting words try and make your aguement seem justified.

Here is a cut and paste of the Myerscough Technitians Certificate Course Booklet given to me as a student a couple of years ago.

The LPA cannot refuse to allow the work without making a TPO order and they

cannot grant permission subject to conditions.

If the LPA do make a TPO then they must consider the desirability of preserving the

character of the area. Even if the tree warrants a TPO and order may not be made if

the work is inline with good tree management practice.

This is the point at which I like to stress the importance of developing a good

relationship with the local tree officer(s). If you continually work to good standards

and occasionally “tip off” the local arboricultural officer about a “good” tree that

someone wants felling then you are much more likely to get work that you apply for

granted. This obviously does rely on you only applying for reasonable work, but the

tree officer will be more inclined to grant permission. In the current climate it is more

difficult to do the right thing. The choice is often do I not do the excessive level of

work requested or do I continue to keep a roof over my head. A good point for

discussion on the discussion board - which would you do?

Sigh.

And thus the familiar pattern of arbtalk reappears. An allegation is made, knees jerk loudly and epic reactionary pronouncements are made. In the hinterland of these brazen statements, a spinoff debate occurs of transitory relevance to the original post before dissipating impotently into further allegations. Meanwhile new posters will react in vain to the transparent implusivity of the knee jerking, perhaps with the fair intention of bringing some balance, and a new parallel confrontation occurs as positions harden despite their often unstable footings. After much grief and retrograde vitriol, the thread sinks beneath the murky depths of the servers.

And no-one will have learnt a damn thing. All the better to begin again another day.

Isn't a post on a forum complaining about the futility of internet forums the pinnacle of futility? :lol:

The use of the word 'grass' is unprofessional.

It is associated with a code amongst thieves.

If a tree surgeon feels that a tree should be protected from removal and chooses to discuss this with the TO then that is reasonable, no matter how he came about the information that the tree is destined for removal. Personally I might not do it without the clients permission unless it was a very special tree.

All this use of the word 'grass' is childish and inapropriate.