Council slapping tpo on tree's

treeracer25

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually put a TPO on trees I've been asked to take down. I have a business, loans to pay off, a family to support, mortgage and wages to pay....

So on and so on, but at the end of the day I LIKE TREES! That's why I do the job.

What gives you the right to use confidential information (that a client has given you in order to allow you to quote for works) in a way thats actually detrimental to your client?:confused1:

I personally find that appalling and highly unprofessional, by all means try to talk the client into keeping the trees or turn the work down, but going behind their backs, when they have trusted you is IMO despicable.:thumbdown:

I've actually put a TPO on trees I've been asked to take down. I have a business, loans to pay off, a family to support, mortgage and wages to pay....

So on and so on, but at the end of the day I LIKE TREES! That's why I do the job.

Quite right, Its just an aguement over difference of opinion here, some people actually like trees and want to see some of the best retained and to others its just a job and a way of making money, the bigger the better.

What gives you the right to use confidential information (that a client has given you in order to allow you to quote for works) in a way thats actually detrimental to your client?:confused1:

I personally find that appalling and highly unprofessional, by all means try to talk the client into keeping the trees or turn the work down, but going behind their backs, when they have trusted you is IMO despicable.:thumbdown:

Who said anything about going behind their backs?

What plannet is that from?

Quite asside from the deliberate act of shooting youself in the foot financially, the only criteria for allowing or not allowing works are good arboricultural practice not whether you are a grass or not.

Then we have the confidentiality issue, the only way a contractor is likely to find out about a tree slated for removal is from the client, grass him up, spoil his plans and watch them come after the contractor to correct his losses and bad mouth the contractor to all and sundry, top idea there.:thumbdown:

Any authority that thinks it can ransome favour is morally bankrupt.

Pre emptive felling wouldn't happen if the authority didn't think it coud ransome favour and looking after your clients interest isn't unprofessional.

Its what they are teaching students at college, and I dont think its bad advice.

A lot of our work involves working with TO's, why would you want to upset them?

Its what they are teaching students at college, and I dont think its bad advice.

A lot of our work involves working with TO's, why would you want to upset them?

Really? they are teaching students to go to the TO and get orders put on trees

they may be quoting on! Against the clients wishes.

Confirms what I thought about some (and only some) of the tutors.

Who said anything about going behind their backs?

:confused1::confused1:

I'm a little bit torn between both camps on this topic. Some TOs can be worked with, others simply can't. My immediate local TO is superb, with experience in the field and many years as a TO he works well with myself and other arborists. Note: Works with!! There is no grassing, no backstabbing, but old fashioned cooperation between professionals, and therefore trust. I know other TOs are not as helpful and cannot be worked with, but when mine retires eventually I'm sure many of us will miss him, an asset to the tree care industry as a whole, and very knowledgeable about veteran tree in particular.

Breaking news, tree professionals don't just take trees down, we actually look after some trees and carry out planting, I have planted probably 10 x more trees this year than I have taken down.