Whats going on??? is it my age???

skyhuck

For the best part of 20 years I've used a prussic and an 020.

But recently I bought a SJ (after seeing vids on here) I really like it, its better than the prussic for some things, but not as good for others, but IMO the pro's way out weigh the con's, I think I'm converted.

Then today I took my 201t into my dealer, as the AV mount had torn out of the plastic under the filter :thumbdown:

He offered to let me borrow a 540XP demo saw, he's very impressed.

I've not used it properly yet, but I've cut a few logs with it and I have too say I'm very impressed :thumbup1: seems very, very torquey and it sounds ace, the build quality seems excellent!!!

He also lent me a 550XP, which also looks excellent!!!!!!!

It looking like I'm going to be changing the shade of orange my saw come in :001_huh:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But recently I bought a SJ (after seeing vids on here) I really like it, its better than the prussic for some things, but not as good for others, but IMO the pro's way out weigh the con's, I think I'm converted.

Then today I took my 201t into my dealer, as the AV mount had torn out of the plastic under the filter :thumbdown:

I've not used it properly yet, but I've cut a few logs with it and I have too say I'm very impressed :thumbup1: seems very, very torquey and it sounds ace, the build quality seems excellent!!!

It looking like I'm going to be changing the shade of orange my saw come in :001_huh:

:thumbup: welcome to the dark side :thumbup:

Nice Huck!

I used the new 550xp and 550 xp turbo and was really impressed(coming from using sthil all the time)Can tell the difference between the 2 also.

Be interesting to try the new top handle also.

I've got a sj 2.1 now, got it at the arb fair, are you using a pully on cambium saver or art rope guide etc? and what rope you using>

I'm using 13mm xtc and just a normal cambium saver, used an art rope guide a few weeks back it totally transformed it!

Has he said when the husky top handle is out?

Another covert ! Orange and siver is the way forward ! :thumbup:

I've got a sj 2.1 now, got it at the arb fair, are you using a pully on cambium saver or art rope guide etc? and what rope you using>

I'm using 13mm xtc and just a normal cambium saver, used an art rope guide a few weeks back it totally transformed it!

Has he said when the husky top handle is out?

I've been using a rope guide for a few years now, it improves any DRT IMO, I was on 13mm xtc, bought some 11.5 new england tackyon today, I'm hoping it will self tend slightly better.

I think the 540 is due out real soon, I think they have sorted all the issues

you gonna get a red soft top MX5 next! When you gonna use the 540 in anger?be very intrested in your opinion

I'll be giving it a proper trial on Tuesday, I'll certainly report back once I've used it in anger :001_smile: