Handed down on a plate.

The farmers sons get it pretty cushty..

Yard and tractor with pto for logsplitter etc laid on and access to grants and benefits from the government that make yer average single mum look like an entrepreneur.

Thats why they come into it in the first place as the farm can't support the entire family so they diversify using what they have.

But they do get a running jump at it.

Ball locks

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah somehow it's always a case of never see a poor farmer only pore farm workers.

This has been proven to me quite a few times in the past and it has always been true.

Farmers will plead poverty but never have an old knackerd landy when going to shows......

Ball locks

In 2010 the budget for direct farm payments (subsidies) and rural development - the twin "pillars" of the CAP - was 58bn euros (£48bn), out of a total EU budget of 123bn euros (that is 47% of the total). The direct payments alone totalled 43bn euros.

Or is it the other bit of my post you don't agree with...it's not clear:001_smile:

Bit of both, I've had help buying bits of kit but I've built up rep and everything else myself. Been told in 10 years I can have the contracting business if I want it.

So your dads bought you most of your kit but you've put the add in the paper :001_tt2::lol:

The farmers sons get it pretty cushty..

Yard and tractor with pto for logsplitter etc laid on and access to grants and benefits from the government that make yer average single mum look like an entrepreneur.

Thats why they come into it in the first place as the farm can't support the entire family so they diversify using what they have.

They are a valuable part of our industry as they know country stuff and can fix most things with a crow bar. But they do get a running jump at it.

Tad unfair not allways the case. My dad and brother farm 280 acre no room for me. I run my own gardening/ landscaping buisness and the only help i got was the use of a shed and some hardstanding to store and cut firewood. Bought my own tractor to run splitter. All my own gear and am proud of it. They both support me immensly but when it comes to money i pay my way.

It's the individual, we all have folk that have helped us along the way, whether it's an old school teacher passing on your name or a dad buying you a saw.

There is nothing wrong with getting a little help along the way, I wish someone had bought me a pile of stuff but they didn't but farmers have always given me somewhere to tip chip or burn brash due to the fact my surname has a good reputation.

A good word opens a door then it's up to the person to keep it open.

If its so easy to become a farmer and get a grant, then become a farmer .:)

It's the individual, we all have folk that have helped us along the way, whether it's an old school teacher passing on your name or a dad buying you a saw.

There is nothing wrong with getting a little help along the way, I wish someone had bought me a pile of stuff but they didn't but farmers have always given me somewhere to tip chip or burn brash due to the fact my surname has a good reputation.

A good word opens a door then it's up to the person to keep it open.

If its so easy to become a farmer and get a grant, then become a farmer .:)

I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with accepting a helping hand, but you miss my point with regard to government subsidy.

I don't want to jump on the bandwagon as you suggest as I believe it is morally wrong. Hence my saying that farmers cost us more than single parents.