Jump to content

Waste carriers license

Recommended Posts


I was looking into this the other day and from what i gathered you dont need one at present for carrying green waste although you will soon but it is free anyway. If you are doing landscaping and carrying rubble for instance you do need one now.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Up here we apply to SEPA, so presume its Environment Agency down south. One license per business, you can request as many ID cards (credit card size) as you like, for £5 each I think, then keep one in each vehicle. Don't think you have to carry the ID cards though if its only green waste, but not totally sure, might be different in England anyway.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

One in each vehicle is good practice though when checked recently at the tip one of our trucks had no ticket but they were able to check- all OK

Probably just saves time if you are checked regularly.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts


Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Get in touch

facebook feed

Recent tweets