Recession or the new norm???

skyhuck

No such thing as a recession, its just how life is these days unfortunatly. As for other industries what industry is there that is not saturated......there isnt, look at agriculture, building trade, high street shops, supermarkets etc etc, though competion in every thing. just gotta make the best of a bad job and enjoy!

Aaron

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things definitely aren't what they were, and probably won't be for a while. The scary thing is.. if the euro goes tits up and drags our banks down (could easily happen) our government will have to print more money to bail them out. This will cause inflation which will mean a hike in interest rates. High interest rates will be seriously bad news, the reason why this recession hasn't felt as bad as some others is the fact that interest rates are virtually zero.. It will be horrible if they go up significantly.

What really sucks is I have finally got the hang of running a business... and now the economy has turned ****.... If I had known 10 years ago what I know now I would have made a fortune. Instead I was working 6 days a week for 250-300 a day and was skint all the time....

Things definitely aren't what they were, and probably won't be for a while. The scary thing is.. if the euro goes tits up and drags our banks down (could easily happen) our government will have to print more money to bail them out. This will cause inflation which will mean a hike in interest rates. High interest rates will be seriously bad news, the reason why this recession hasn't felt as bad as some others is the fact that interest rates are virtually zero.. It will be horrible if they go up significantly.

What really sucks is I have finally got the hang of running a business... and now the economy has turned ****.... If I had known 10 years ago what I know now I would have made a fortune. Instead I was working 6 days a week for 250-300 a day and was skint all the time....

Can i have a business lesson Tom?? :laugh1:

Its gotta be the norm surely? its a fairly simple equation, no manufacturing= no jobs in a country which is over populated meaning every industry is or will be saturated. Add on to this mechanisation over manual labour etc and you can see that this is going to be a problem worsening for the future.

I don't mean to be a pesismist but I reckon if we think its bad now wait for ten years and we'll be referring to now as the good times.

I agree...and I dont call that being pessimistic..I call that being realistic and having the foresight to plan for the future

I agree, but its difficult to prepare in the current climate, there is no slack to be using for preparation for any future down turn.

I'm fortunate to have no business debt and minimal personal debt that will be payed off this year, but as for having cash to prepare for the future its just not there :thumbdown:

Are things bad , yes they are , can they be worse you bet . All we can do is work harder and longer and as Tony says smarter . Ive worked to long and hard to give up now i will take on all comers. And when times do get better i will still be on two feet to greet them (que rocky music):biggrin:.

Theres no where else to run, or other jobs to be had so i will get on with the job i love and be the best i can be. We are all in this up to our necks so just treat it as normal and flow with it.

Cheers Gav.