Anyone else tearing their Hair out??

Burytreeman

Oh yes!!!!:thumbup:

Nothing more frustrating than having to go and sort out a mess that staff have created or ringing the other team to see how they are doing only to be told they are still on the first job, they had been there 4 hours, it was a hedge cutting job I've done for years and I always did it in 1.5 hours :001_rolleyes:

The worst one was a council call out, I sent them to, windblown Oak blocking a drive, got a call from the other climber, "it was not doable, we need a crane"

I got there and had the job finished in 4 hours with just a 66 and chipper.

You must have been p****d off

I understand this

But if you hadn't been tied up on your own job with your own frustrations/stresses you would have found them less likely to have tried it on. Plus you would have been cooler about the situation

I know exactly what you are saying- I too can work twice as hard and efficient as anyone I employ but they really don't want me to prove this constantly

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I look at jobs in the evening or Saturday mornings in the winter, my wage more than compensate for this, I would be bored witless not climbing through the week.

You will though one day not be able to climb and this is your backup plan and still be involved in treework which we all know is the best job in the world

Oh yes!!!!:thumbup:

Nothing more frustrating than having to go and sort out a mess that staff have created or ringing the other team to see how they are doing only to be told they are still on the first job, they had been there 4 hours, it was a hedge cutting job I've done for years and I always did it in 1.5 hours :001_rolleyes:

The worst one was a council call out, I sent them to, windblown Oak blocking a drive, got a call from the other climber, "it was not doable, we need a crane"

I got there and had the job finished in 4 hours with just a 66 and chipper.

I know exactly where your coming from here Huck . Some staff are defeated so easily and have no problem solving abilities at all . Then along come's yourself and straight away the job can be done . This used to happen to me all the time . So annoying . So I sacked them and now Im less stressed :001_smile: .

Skyhook- I gotta go but I'm sure what you have is just perfect for you now but you maybe need to think forward and develop the tools for managing two teams. If not- then carry on as you are and in 5 years you will reconsider this position.

Feel free to think I'm a patronising git but one day faced with the alternative of (god knows what) you will value these skills.

You have the knowledge/experience/contacts and you can't just throw these away.

Hold on- just remembered you have a lad getting into this business so probably this will not apply to you.

I know what your saying Liam :001_smile: . It's better than nowt and the lads grafting for it . Rather than watching jezza kyle in the morning lol

The trouble is.....and I hate to say this.....it isnt better than watching jeremy kyle !!!!

Earn your money or stay home and watch TV......you'll be betteroff staying indoors...financially so anyways ! Professionalism means getting paid and making money....not volutary work !

You get the wages you deserve.

Wow not looked in here for a while.

Why not if you find one person that you know you trust to be able to do jobs roughly the same as you put them on a team and see what they come up with.

Done it before when doing building work, one person doing a lot kicking the others up the rear soon gets a workforce going.

Not sure about being better off sitting at home than working, that would just put me in an early grave.....

Join the club the same happens round here, a-lately I see family car small trailer full of garden gear even top handle saws they are like ants coming out of the woodwork.

I suppose this is assign of the times.

No I am just an innocent bystander as its not my trade, I am an engineer.

If I was pricing the job, I would always leave a written no quibble quote , Risk assesment and method statement and copy of insurance cert then they can see you are a professional, with insurance should it go wrong.

My wife runs a very small Tool sales business aimed at the motor trade, its only to try and make a few quid to pay for holidays.

She is quite often under cut by people selling something for £20 and only making £1 this just isnt sustainable and some of these idiots ruin the business then go bust, what keeps many of our customers is if they have a problem we sort it out straight away even if we loos on it as we keep the customer.

Times are very tight but its not worth doing jobs for free