Freelance Climber tips please

mcs tree services

Anyone thought of putting something in writing, that if their saw blows up during work and its found to be fuel then the company has to have it repaired or replaced?

or you could fill your can with fuel and oil and charge per litre used of each....

Subbed to someone who managed to fill a jerry can with diesel rather than unleaded! Blamed it on someone else mind:laugh1:

You find out fairly quickly when you 020 starts running on a diesel mix!

A freelance climber should have PPE and a top saw, it can get complicated if you start using other saws/equipment etc.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good for you, how fr out do you work Felix? was with Charlie today, was an awesome day:thumbup1:

Charlie's is about as far over your way as I get but I would be interested to do a special guest appearance to work a job with you. Would be nice to buy you a coffee for the over the phone fungi IDs :thumbup1:

Charlie's is about as far over your way as I get but I would be interested to do a special guest appearance to work a job with you. Would be nice to buy you a coffee for the over the phone fungi IDs :thumbup1:

there is potentialy a job coming up with Charlie, might be a cool job and a chance to meet up:thumbup1:

I just use my top handle saw and my climbing kit (I usually use my own rigging kit - a lot of firms I do occasional work for don't have any at all). If the company is a good one, I use their fuel...if they're a bit ropey, I use my own. No point it wearing out your own saws and chains when some else is putting the profit in their pocket chaps!

In 6 years contract climbing, freelance, whatever you want to call it, I have never used or provided my own fuel. I don't have any issues with their mix as their saws haven't seized yet so can't see how mine would. Mind I do tend to graft for people who know what their doing.

I provide, climbing and rigging if needed, 020, 441 and experience. I have a couple of spare 020's, but of the job required anything larger than the 441 and 20" bar I expect the company to be providing a larger saw. I mean should they be taking on work that requires largers saws without having the means to cut it..?

I don't mind people who know what their doing using my saws. It bust it, blunt it or anything they know I expect it to be returned to me in the order they got it.

Beginners or people who cannot sharpen properly have no chance of using my kit. I can be pretty vocal in letting them know or not if they can use my saws.

Edited by Rich Rule