Vermeer BC 1000 XL review

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bandits ugly ??

To an Engineer, where all the turney movey bits are in full view and not hidden, it,s raw beauty, bit like a top model with no makeup or clothes on?

The reason I don't like Vermeer is exactly that reason, they look very plasticky and boat like

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

"What do you hate about the Bandit 90's?"

Maybe hate is too strong a word. The one I used here in NZ was pretty useless! It was always left in the yard.

Just sold my 10” Morbark today…. Was looking at buying either a new BC1000 XL or a Bandit. Leaning more towards the Bandit 95xp.

I don’t really care what things look like as long as they work.

Chris am I allowed to say that I thought it was poo lol?

Only thing it was good at in my eyes was for the really big stuff ... but on 99% of jobs we don't chip that stuff anyway. But then this was counter productive as Adam and I were having to process the big stems into sections that we ourselves could physically lift to load it.

Then the revs kept dieing which when theres 2 of you loading means you need a 3rd man to operate it.

The shoot tip was badly designed as the vibrations kept causing it to loosen and point towards the ground.

Finally the annoyance of every single piece under 4" diameter stopping it and the button being about 4ft away ....

When I saw it I thought wow that we beast everything! But your 190 would have whooped it for 90% of all that was being put through it purly because of the hassle everytime we walked to it.

I looked at one of these when we were setting up the council unit. Fortunately I had a mate that was operating one for another contractor. He too couldn't stand the fact that the emergency nudge bar was at the bottom of the infeed tray and would constantly get caught by branches going through. This would stop the feed rollers but because of the rubber curtain he could never tell it was stopped. Then he had to walk around, push the button and go through the whole process again. We decided on getting the Bandit 12inch drum and it's an awesome machine. Can't fault it, haven't clogged it and it chews everything we throw at it. Plus the auto feed is really good. Chuck in a big bit and it sorts itself out. No having to hang on to the feed control just let it do its thing.

IMG_0180.jpg.4dc202acefa66c363fe0306008a55073.jpg

I used to do street tree work and had a 1000 behind a 7.5 ton lorry, i loved it everything went through it and i can relate to the disengaging easily fixed with a bungee or fuel can hung from it:blushing:. We had to back it into a barn which the lorries didnt fit in so a non wheeled jockey wheel didnt go down well in the back department. My fave chipper not too big and not too small was the vermeer 935 which they dont make anymore :thumbdown:

Done deal Steve, nice to see after 13 years it's still going strong, works out to be a cheap chipper in the long run.

If anyone would like to have a go with the 990xp 12" drum chipper please contact me, this is Bandits best selling chipper world wide, available as single axle, twin or tracked.

Also have 12" disc ans 13" drum for demo.

Dean.

Done deal Steve, nice to see after 13 years it's still going strong, works out to be a cheap chipper in the long run.

If anyone would like to have a go with the 990xp 12" drum chipper please contact me, this is Bandits best selling chipper world wide, available as single axle, twin or tracked.

Also have 12" disc ans 13" drum for demo.

Dean.

Hi Dean,

didn't realise it was you there!

I would offer free demo's, but the amount of stuff that goes through it, I don't have enough for anything but a very short one.

Will get some nice shots of it on the Unimog mewp this week for your 'oldies, but goldies wall'.

Steve

I traded in our Vermeer 1000xl earlier this year. I got the same again for the third time. It's obviously a great chipper for big all-day jobs, but even for little £250 jobs it saves time.

I think the safety re-start buttons are slightly out of reach so you don't accidentally knock them back on if you were to get dragged into the chipper. And the curtains stop the odd lump of chip from flying back out at you.. or any passers by.

dsc00391.jpg