Watch People?

Sam Thompson

It takes approx. 1 second to flick your wrist and probably over 20 to dig into your billy pocket and pull a 'phone out, activate the screen and put it back etc. I dunno, you lot with so much spare time :001_rolleyes::laugh1:

When working I listen to radio 4 all day every day, so always have a good idea of what time it is. When not working I my phone is easily accessible :biggrin:

I wore a watch as a boy, but aways destroyed them, my dad got me a really nice one with an indestructible glass, while working in our bike shop repairing cycles I looked at my watch and the glass was completely smashed, I have no idea how I smashed it :confused1:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you say its worth twice the Sieko though? I like the look of both - the Sieko with a leather strap would be great I think. Is the mechanics of the CW worth the extra £100?

I don't think that's an answerable question - depends on what you want.

The CW watches use ETA movements, which are about as good as it gets. It also means there are no issues with spares, since they're one of the largest makers and supply both components and bare movements (ebauches) extremely widely. Probably for all practical purposes the Seiko movement will be as good.

CW use sapphire crystals for the watch glass, which makes them virtually indestructible. This isn't the old type of 'indestructible glass' which really wasn't that good. Speaking from experience, I've worn mine climbing/scrambling in the Lake District, building walls, milling, repairing the boat, and it still hasn't got a mark on it. Not sure what Seiko use, or how careful you will be about when you take it off.

Main point though is that they'll both tell the time, so do you like it more, by enough, to pay the difference?

Alec

Mine was £650 for the new one. €550 for the first, bought it in Italy.

£650! I wouldn't be taking that anywhere near a tree even if it could cope with it.

I got miffed after replacing a watch twice in one year. Now stick to watches with fabric strap. Found it hard to find a casio ( my preference), had to order one from America. £20.

I have a g shock for work and then I have an omega sea master and a Bell & Ross for best. I have 2 vintage omegas that we're my granddads and a tag f1 that I got when I was 18. I love watches!!

Which f1 ? Ive got the red case/green bezel funky combo kicking around somewhere