speach less!

Craig Johnson

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries! I havent and in total I have 13 years behind me

I bet you haven't tried to pass them off as pollards or try to justify in your own mind that it is good for the tree and good practice

I have reduced an 80ft Lombardy windbreak to 60ft which was situated on private waste land away from the public and that was done as a subbie with my mewp hire.

I have retopped many trees but never topped a virgin tree.

Yet I,m doing better than ok, I have loads of fancy kit, my own 1.5 acre yard and still manage to pay my mortgage.

Good, I am pleased that you are doing well and stick to your principles and please don't think that my post is directed at you personally.

Good, I am pleased that you are doing well and stick to your principles and please don't think that my post is directed at you personally.

Were you not the original sinner that got ekka all on his high horse all them years ago now?

That's what I would like to see here Rob, instead of the butchered monstrosities that we do see over here.

Every year I travel by coach from either chamberry or geneva to the skiing in the Alps, I look out for badly pruned trees and very rarely see any. All I do see is hundreds of well managed pollards with cracking well established pollard heads.

Pollard heads take some getting established, but then you have the work of management of them coming in every few years, which would create work for all of us and keep customers happy by having a managed good looking tree.

Instead all we have is a cycle of ruining trees not managing them and eventually having to remove them.

They have defiantly been done before and it looks like they have just cut back to the same points.

Those "rot pockets" will be providing valuable habitat for all manner of creatures and now the timber above the rot has been removed they are perfectly safe, in a few years they will look fine.

I have never been called out to limb failure from a topped tree, I really don't think its the danger some see it to be.

I would say your average Ash tree is more dangerous than most topped trees, should all Ash trees be felled???