What vehicle and gear did you start off with?

button1803

Started with an really old transit tipper then newer one ms200 & 357 and some bits and bobs , hired a chipper for about a year moved onto a 90hard top then a U1000 with 9inch chipper and a ford connect van and disco and looks like I maybe moving back to a transit soon :(

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mighty corsa of power, and a trailer converted from a trailer tent.

I still have the trailer, but there is nothing left of original. The Corsa died when i cracked the main block. On the up side it had almost no rust from being continualy scraped on foresty tracks.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

What I have now, really. I ran a Maverick when I was only providing myself as labour with no tools but that got written off by a senile Jaguar driver. Now I run this with a 357xp as main saw and a 236 as a chipper/mashing-down-loose-brash-in a-trailer saw. Getting a 260 soon as a spare (cheers Geoff!) and have various other bits in the truck (winch, strops, pull lines, combi can, digging gear, rakes etc etc). I freelance as a groundie so my set-up works well for me with the added bonus of being able to take away unwanted log from site to supplement the family log-pile :thumbup1:

423440_10150710830577328_713807327_9327366_1223799573_n.jpg.40fdf8e6fbbd2c4e60923a1a0ebcf594.jpg

Started with old battered Transit crewcab tipper and like everyone else it seems an old 020AV, my brother gave me an one of he's spare harness' and off i went. After 6 months managed to find an old entec which had a mess up diesel pump for next to nothing, sorted that in two hours. Now got a much newier Transit crewcab tipper, same entec which is doing fine, loads of stihl saws and just got a mini digger.

Look after what you have and build up as the work comes in, do a good job of it and it won't take long for the word to get around.

1963 SWB diesel Land Rover and trailer which died soon after and replaced with a 1983 four year old Datsun pick up.

Two 020s, 041, 056, 075 and two 076s on a mill. McConnell diesel bench. Big Tirfor and an old Fiat 4x4 tractor with single drum winch.

Climbing kit was Willans, 3 strand, various lumps of hemp and manila plus some shiny staplespun.

started off as a freelance groundie and climber when i was 16 had a little 50cc moped climbing kit and climbing saw fitted just in the footwell :laugh1: then i moved on to a corsa hatchback much better for my gear. then when i was 18 got a astra hatchback in the pics then when i was 19/20 bought the transit tipper, then bought a brand new vw fox for quotes, then bout a month ago i bought my first chipper a vermeer 6inch at 21 years old took that back to get my money back already after 15mins use as it was a complete pile of crap. not happy with that dealer at all. thats another story anyways. now bought a brand new timberwolf 125 that arrives may/june time then hopefully get a newer transit eventually endless replacing stuff.

IMG_0102.jpg.df43cf20279d731e5a5e132e35361aad.jpg

Photo0366.jpg.4f50844ba7b9ec3da884d87d20ed257a.jpg

DSC00492.jpg.a6550f6ce10b378a0b23c978b66ede7e.jpg

DSC00189.jpg.bd88a985d6bc9a0acff1f17e5e32a105.jpg

I started with an old defender and a trailer! The. I got a very tired u1250 with a farmi ch260 that fell apart so then I swapped for a u1700 with a u550 on the front that was a pretty good set up but then had some trouble with that and work went quiet so now it's back to a fiesta van and Subbing :). Saw wise I had a 200t and a 460 when I started with a climbing kit!

Started with an really old transit tipper then newer one ms200 & 357 and some bits and bobs , hired a chipper for about a year moved onto a 90hard top then a U1000 with 9inch chipper and a ford connect van and disco and looks like I maybe moving back to a transit soon :(

You getting rid of the mog ??