What vehicle and gear did you start off with?

button1803

when i first started out as an apprentice joiner in the 80's, my first van was a Bedford HA van in green. Really loved that van. Have always had small vans, they suit me down to the ground. Now looking to replace my citroen c15 with a newish berlingo.

Still wanting an old tractor tho.

I had 3 of those Bedford HA vans off royal mail, brilliant little motors. I had an old Anglia van ( same source) too.:thumbup1:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also not a loan, it's a franchise. The equipment is leased not purchased.

the danger of any lease -loan is the length & terms of that lease -loan..

especially where work volume or profits from that work can fluctuate as you have a minimum known debt burden without a confirmed defined income.

I have seen loads of Arb firms collapse because they got out of their depth with debt burdens that they couldn't service

before they knew what had hit them their kit was repossessed by the lease company & any un resolved debt remains with the trader if not a LTD so house & cars and other assets could be vulnerable

often the best route is too; buy what you need as you need it, where you have the funds or proven income to do so ,

the danger of any lease -loan is the length & terms of that lease -loan..

especially where work volume or profits from that work can fluctuate as you have a minimum known debt burden without a confirmed defined income.

I have seen loads of Arb firms collapse because they got out of their depth with debt burdens that they couldn't service

before they knew what had hit them their kit was repossessed by the lease company & any un resolved debt remains with the trader if not a LTD so house & cars and other assets could be vulnerable

often the best route is too; buy what you need as you need it, where you have the funds or proven income to do so ,

Oh I agree, that wasn't meant as a positive. As a franchise you get the equipment provided to you at a pre determined price, and it's only from the providers they have agreements with. I'm not saying this is the case but an example would be. You prefer timberwolf but have to use greenmech. Stihl/husqvarna etc You can't buy used equipment even if it provides better value. Also it's leased so my understanding (though I hope to be corrected) is that in this instance once the rental period is over you give it back. As apposed to hire purchase/finance lease....

You are then obliged to provide your services to the "umbrella company" first with no real guarantee of income. If you price and agree to do a big dismantle job for another client, book the date in etc but the "umbrella company" then requests you're needed that week, off you trot.......

So, I fully agree with you Yorkshireman.