Fuel Strike

Treemon

They only donate to the labour government/party dont they?

I think the present government might end up having the last laugh here, everyone has bought fuel and continue to do so, if and when a strike happens no one will care cos everyone has plenty! If its true that the majority of people only put one third in their tanks at a time then then the other 2/3 are now full so everyone is ok. The strike will mean nothing and will probably be called off.

Also, the drivers who threatened the strike are now having to work flat out (the very thing they were complaining about in the first place) to refill all the stations, ha, ha, serves em right, stop winging about the fact that you are employed!

Wrong I`m afraid. It is far more likely that they are now working to rule and finding every excuse not to take out the deliveries. I speak from 34 years experience in the fuel industry.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

panic buyers = sheep

this type of panic buying is a good indication of what people would be like if a genuine crisis hit the UK like a Tsunami or SARS/H1N1. There would be murders at Tescos as the sheeple scrambled to fill their trolleys with ready meals and 2 litre multipack bottles of Coke for the impending crisis.

Panic buyers might as well have their foreheads stamped with, 'I'm an Idiot'.

Just been to fill up the land rover and was asked by some chimp with a clipboard outside why I felt the need to fill up, he didn't seem to like the answer 'because the fuel light was lit on the dash'.

There was a big queue and the bloke infront of me at the till had managed to put £8 in his Ford Focus, that must get him at least 40 miles.

panic buyers = sheep

this type of panic buying is a good indication of what people would be like if a genuine crisis hit the UK like a Tsunami or SARS/H1N1. There would be murders at Tescos as the sheeple scrambled to fill their trolleys with ready meals and 2 litre multipack bottles of Coke for the impending crisis.

Panic buyers might as well have their foreheads stamped with, 'I'm an Idiot'.

:congrats:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Another fine example of why unions should be removed from the face of this country. They are a blot on our economy, it's gone beyond supporting workers rights now. When something threatens the security or welfare of the country IMO it is treason. Ok we can't hang them high for that anymore, but it should instantly mean the armed forces take over supply routes to keep the country moving, protecting the greater community.

As in almost every issue their are two sides to every story and would suggest that the (Tory owned) media is feeding us (the general public) the party line.

Talk about divide and rule!!!!

I have friends in the fuel industry and has explained to me how the strike is about minimal trained operators who will work on Sunday's/night shift/bank holidays/extrahours/etc without any increments. My pal gets up at 3 am everyday and works a lot of overtime to make his money up & earns nowhere near 45k. They know they get a good days pay and they (the drivers) are trying to defend this.

A strike (if it happens) will cost the drivers wages first and foremost money, that they will never recoup.

For god sake stop beating up our fellow blue collar workers, 45k is just about a starting salary in the London Banks and those tossers have brought the country to our knees then got bailed out with our money and are now getting fat bonuses.

Keep beating a working bloke up cos they earn a half decent wage and we will end up on a race to the bottom. Lastly if it wasn't for the unions, manual workers would still be working

80 hour weeks for bugger all money until you where to ill or old to work, then spat out. The unions have been berks in the past but have done good work too.

Rant over.

PS the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day to be outside and it's Friday so stop moaning ;-)