One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

• 1 month later...
Petrol is not what it used to be, thats for sure. But I been quoted £19.75 a gallon of Aspen only last week.:confused1: I wont be going there:sneaky2:

If it was sold everywhere then maybe the price would come down, nearest to me is Bristol at £17.?? and have it collected.

The plus side is saws are so clean inside and always start after sitting on the shelf for weeks, some times months!

I am a very satisfied Aspen user:thumbup1:

Hi tell me where you are I might have a new dealer in your area soon. Give your post code or look on Aspenfuel website dealer map.

Due to my ill health, I was forced to leave my saws and other petrol engined machinery for 5months over winter as they came off their last jobs. I've been expecting issues with saws and trimmers, but so far everything has been fine. This is regular unleaded with 50:1 Stihl 2t mix. I've never had issues before, but was expecting the worst this year, but none. So still not a convert to Aspen, sorry.

Hi tell me where you are I might have a new dealer in your area soon. Give your post code or look on Aspenfuel website dealer map.

I found a tread here Stihl Motomix vs Trufuel 50:1 - Bob Is The Oil Guy

while looking for something else, I cant see how big the can is but could be a pint being in the states? or maybe a litre. But if you look down the thread they seem to sell it in Walmart for $3.95 converted today makes it £2.60

very roughly around £20 a gallon ish. it seems a good site to browse around but havent looked yet, waiting for a rainy day sort of thing.

But for the unconverted, please take into account the other small things that you dont think of when your looking at the price.

Fact 1.You dont get water of dirty fuel

Fact 2, you dont get rubbers splitting/desolving & distorting out of shape causing major probs.

Fact 3, it burns so clean you will probably never have to decoke, took a cylinder os a saw running on it and clean as a whistle.

Fact 4, fumes dont cause the same problems petrol does "head aches burning nose etc"

Could go on but no point, your either going to use it thinking its good stuff or carry on with petrol thinking its good stuff and your saving because its cheaper than the other, until you get a problem caused by bad or dirty fuel, but hey..... your saving money right:sneaky2::confused1:

Due to my ill health, I was forced to leave my saws and other petrol engined machinery for 5months over winter as they came off their last jobs. I've been expecting issues with saws and trimmers, but so far everything has been fine. This is regular unleaded with 50:1 Stihl 2t mix. I've never had issues before, but was expecting the worst this year, but none. So still not a convert to Aspen, sorry.

Hi, Have those of you who say Aspen is too expensive tried it?

Pump fuel is changing all the time last year it had 5% ethanol this year it will be 10% and who know what other things will be put in or taken out. Our fuel only has 10 ingredients which are the same in every can. We even give each and every can a serial number and keep a sample of every batch. Aspen is 99% cleaner than pump fuel and engine do live longer running on Aspen.

Hi, Have those of you who say Aspen is too expensive tried it?

Pump fuel is changing all the time last year it had 5% ethanol this year it will be 10% and who know what other things will be put in or taken out. Our fuel only has 10 ingredients which are the same in every can. We even give each and every can a serial number and keep a sample of every batch. Aspen is 99% cleaner than pump fuel and engine do live longer running on Aspen.

Randomest answer to a non-question yet ??? :confused1: and not a reply to the comment I made earlier. Strange.

1 Yes, quite a few people have. Knowing it's a good product does not make it any cheaper though...:confused1:

2, Prove it, or don't make statements like that!:sneaky2:

Well said. All we do every month is put higher octane petrol through our machines and on the two stroke machines use Stihl HP Super. Yes i know the higher octane petrol is more expensive than the normal stuff. But we dont pay £20+ for 5 litres.