One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

The uk market potentially is huge, men love power tools, builders have their Paddys motorbikes, we have saws, generators run on fuels (diesel and petrol) lawnmowers and hedgetrimmers. Outlets such as B&Q, Homebase, and so on are where the real money should be coming from, big turnovers, big orders, and once a product is seen it becomes accepted as the new normal, in your case the fuel for your power tool.

Hi Andy,

B&Q don't have sales people who would be able to explain Aspen to customers and as Aspen is not widely know in the uk I am not sure it would sell enough with just a few bullitt points on a card to explain it.

In the future yes super store outlets could sell Aspen.

What i am doing at the monment is having meetings with Honda, Briggs & Stratton and big importers to create understanding and get them behind the product.

I am also driving around the UK meeting all our dealers in person. To make sure they understand Aspen and how to sell it.

Also adding dealers to fill in gaps in our dealer coverage.

All this will take time but very week I get very posative feedback and each month sign up new dealers.

Edited by Eddie@aspen

But then a huge market would improve the efficiency of the supply chain, driving the cost down.

From what I understand, the actual cost of producing aspen is (if the statement before is true, 15% more cost to refine) only about 3p more per liter.

Which means that unless we're all being ripped off in a grand way, the supply and distribution chain is what's driving up the cost?

But then a huge market would improve the efficiency of the supply chain, driving the cost down.

From what I understand, the actual cost of producing aspen is (if the statement before is true, 15% more cost to refine) only about 3p more per liter.

Which means that unless we're all being ripped off in a grand way, the supply and distribution chain is what's driving up the cost?

see my post Rover

Hi Andy,

B&Q don't have sales people who would be able to explain Aspen to customers and as Aspen is not widly know in the uk I am not sure it would sell enough with just a few bullitt points on a card.

I the future yes super store outlets could sell Aspen.

What i am doing at the monment is having meetings with Honda, Briggs & Stratton and big importers to create understanding and get them behind the product.

I am also driving around the UK meeting all our dealers in person. To make sure they understand Aspen and how to sell it.

All this will take time but very week I get very posative feedback and each month sign up new dealers.

Great but you're signing up dealers who see the profit margin.

We as arbs see the incredible cost and ask can we justify it. As a dealer selling a £400 chainsaw it's easy to sell a gallon of fuel at £17 to the customer as they can see the benefit of a fuel that doesn't deteriorate/ no issues with mixes. Thats not our issue. We need it to be cheaper. How are you going to address this.

Hi Andy,

B&Q don't have sales people who would be able to explain Aspen to customers and as Aspen is not widely know in the uk I am not sure it would sell enough with just a few bullitt points on a card to explain it.

In the future yes super store outlets could sell Aspen.

what is needed is the dealers you have to promote aspen by having display material showing aspen and why it is good. i know a dealer and he sells and promotes it to some extent but nothing in shop for those unaware of your product. get more knowing and buying then price may come down to allow more professorial who see it on price to buy and try. i am convinced my gear runs better,runs longer and seems to have more power using it. but its not me you need to convince. its those who can only see it by its price. is it not time you as a company got those who use your product to do a comparison test to see if saws run longer on your product. them maybe yo would have converts coming to aspen and price may drop to make it more affordable in these hard times

what is needed is the dealers you have to promote aspen by having display material showing aspen and why it is good. i know a dealer and he sells and promotes it to some extent but nothing in shop for those unaware of your product. get more knowing and buying then price may come down to allow more professorial who see it on price to buy and try. i am convinced my gear runs better,runs longer and seems to have more power using it. but its not me you need to convince. its those who can only see it by its price. is it not time you as a company got those who use your product to do a comparison test to see if saws run longer on your product. them maybe yo would have converts coming to aspen and price may drop to make it more affordable in these hard times

My local dealer stocks aspen, it is only from gardenkit that I was persuaded to use it, infact the first time I saw aspen I said '£20 for some premixed fuel, they taking the p!'

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

My local dealer stocks aspen, it is only from gardenkit that I was persuaded to use it, infact the first time I saw aspen I said '£20 for some premixed fuel, they taking the p!'

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Nice one Eddy, its good to know my efforts have not been in vain.

Has anyone else been encouraged to use Aspen because of this thread? It would be good to know.

No dealer will sell it if he just sticks it on the shelf and waits for someone to buy it.

He and his staff need to explain it to each and every potential user, but to do that he has to have a full understanding of the products and its benefits. He has to identify which aspects of the product will appeal to the customer.

Is it ease of use (no mixing), long shelf life of fuel, consistant easy starting or extended engine life.

Or is it the health benefits, either long term or short term that appeal to the customer.

The first 'sell' is the hard sell, after that the customer comes back time and time again for his top up. Thats extra footfall through the dealer door.

Sure, the profit margin for the dealer is low, and some may say its not worth the hastle of that first time consuming 'sell', but if the guy comes back through the door on a regular basis instead of going to the petrol station he will inevitably find something else to buy.

Of course, some just opt to have their fuel sent by carrier and you never see them in the shop, but that at least takes the dealer less time so makes up in some measure for the low margin.

All in all I am very happy with the product as are all my customers.

Has anyone else been encouraged to use Aspen because of this thread? It would be good to know.

No dealer will sell it if he just sticks it on the shelf and waits for someone to buy it.

He and his staff need to explain it to each and every potential user, but to do that he has to have a full understanding of the products and its benefits. He has to identify which aspects of the product will appeal to the customer.

Is it ease of use (no mixing), long shelf life of fuel, consistant easy starting or extended engine life.

Or is it the health benefits, either long term or short term that appeal to the customer.

The first 'sell' is the hard sell, after that the customer comes back time and time again for his top up. Thats extra footfall through the dealer door.

Sure, the profit margin for the dealer is low, and some may say its not worth the hastle of that first time consuming 'sell', but if the guy comes back through the door on a regular basis instead of going to the petrol station he will inevitably find something else to buy.

Of course, some just opt to have their fuel sent by carrier and you never see them in the shop, but that at least takes the dealer less time so makes up in some measure for the low margin.

All in all I am very happy with the product as are all my customers.

Yes, I've gone over to the Aspen side for what my tiny contribution to Aspenworld is worth. And partly as a result of this thread. I've done it because I got bored of breathing the horrible stuff in petrol fumes and because of the apparent benefit to machines in the long term.

I've had new rubbers in my saws, one at a time, and now have just the one machine left running on 2-stroke: that's an 20-year old machine so will definitely get the treatment soon.

An arb/garden machinery dealership I can conveniently use have just become stockists and are obviously aware of all the points above Barrie; they've done their research and staff training. And Aspen's selling well.

The boss there told me 'I'm sick of pulling saws apart to replace rubbers that have been virtually dissolved by petrol.'

Further, one of the largest arb outfits in the south east not far from here have thrown their weight behind Aspen and changed all their 2-stroke machines over to it.

The message is getting out I think.:thumbup1:

Jon

I know what you mean hedgesparrow,

In my travels i have been to dealers who still have Husqvarna Aspen cans on display!

Dealers who don't have any posters up or who don't have Aspen tags on machines in the showroom.

I agree if the customer sees Aspen information they will ask and the dealer has the chance to make exta sales.

I sold Aspen for over 8 months from Carters of Swanwick and would always drop Aspen into conversation with any customer.

In my pick up truck i have posters, display stands, tags and stickers for machines and A4 handouts.

Each dealer i visit i make them aware of all this free promotional kit i have.

I am working my way round the whole UK and things are changing!

Yes, I've gone over to the Aspen side for what my tiny contribution to Aspenworld is worth. And partly as a result of this thread. I've done it because I got bored of breathing the horrible stuff in petrol fumes and because of the apparent benefit to machines in the long term.

I've had new rubbers in my saws, one at a time, and now have just the one machine left running on 2-stroke: that's an 20-year old machine so will definitely get the treatment soon.

An arb/garden machinery dealership I can conveniently use have just become stockists and are obviously aware of all the points above Barrie; they've done their research and staff training. And Aspen's selling well.

The boss there told me 'I'm sick of pulling saws apart to replace rubbers that have been virtually dissolved by petrol.'

Further, one of the largest arb outfits in the south east not far from here have thrown their weight behind Aspen and changed all their 2-stroke machines over to it.

The message is getting out I think.:thumbup1:

Jon

Thanks for that reply Jon.

Its good to hear that there ar other dealers out there who know the product and its worth.

We have seen too many negative posts about dealers not being able to sell it, or having it but not knowing what it is.

Its about time more dealers woke up to Aspen.

Barrie