Marlowe gecko

Tom D

Been using Marlow Gecko for a year now, its been hardwearing, smooth with various friction hitch cords, very knotable, easy to coil and throw to the next branch, light enough, good colours, I've nothing but praise for this rope. For those who use blakes it works great with Marlow's own split tails.

My main climbing line for the last 11 years has been Yale XTC red and white but I dont have a problem switching to Marlow Gecko, keep up the good work Marlow. As for Yale XTC milking, I've never seen it happen on any of my ropes.

whats the XTC like in comparison to the marlow tim?

thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crazy chucking ya gear if it's just 5 year old!!! has it had a hard life???ie dirt as I have had my petzl navaho harness for tens years and a length of blue/white beal for the same and use them regular!!!! and look after them and expect them to last a few more year.

crazy chucking ya gear if it's just 5 year old!!! has it had a hard life???ie dirt as I have had my petzl navaho harness for tens years and a length of blue/white beal for the same and use them regular!!!! and look after them and expect them to last a few more year.

There's nothing wrong with the gear, it just wont pass a LOLER test. I've passed it on to a young climber who does'nt worry about that sort of thing.

I don't know how any one can make a harness last 10 years, I think I'm doing well if I get 4 years out of one, my Skylotec is less than 12 months old and is already starting to show some wear.

I think you're right, my tree flex is starting to wear already, the harness in question was a comet butterfly 1 and spent the first couple of years as a rescue harness hence its good condition. Although I have to say it has worn very well, I cant see the tree flex lasting that long.

We got the gecko in the end and a tree austria saddle which he seemed to like the best.

ive been using the marlow gecko and dont find it half as bad as some are making out :001_tongue:. recently started using edelrid timber blue. Compared with the gecko this rope is much more suple and lighter. Iam now using the gecko for slimy wet trees and sticky conifer/pines.

Now save the edelrid for "sunday best" :001_tt1: