Best gloves for Hawthorne

Derek Trimblits

Greetings followers,

Now that I have converted so many of you to the Ripeur 2 gloves, it is time to reveal my evil masterplan.

All the gloves have tiny little robots in them, they'll be inside your skin as soon as you've worn them for more than two minutes and I can activate them (and thereby you!) at will.

You are now my private army of thornproof warriors and victory will be mine!

Mwaaahhhahaahahahahaa... <-Maniacal laugh

Oh, and some good news too. They now sell a size 11 for the larger hand. I've been struggling with the 10's I'll report back on wether these are a better fit or not (I've found their sizing to be a bit on the small side)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rover and you got price reduced to £21 from £25 so well done and yes what gloves now worn them 3 weeks bo thorn has got me when wearing gloves o bliss no sore hands from thorn septic infection. and on barb well never went in and still as good as new. welding gloves be on 5th pair now,

so if you want the dogs do das of gloves there the ones.

o great Rover what is your command master i am ready with my gloves to do your duty:biggrin: wel to some extent need to check small print before obaying:thumbup:

Got mine today after last weeks 5 days of hawthorn hedge reducing.

Got a mate some too, his hedge laying in a couple of weeks.

If rover is on commission good on him.

Thanks for the insight. Would of kept with the cruddy welding gauntlets.

i was using welding gloves and umed and ared over getting the reipers but glad i did never use any other gloves unless better than them. my worn in now so comfertable and even when the wood is wet still ok do not get to wet.

• 1 month later...
drag up an old post but since i'm now on antibiotics for a week n cant move my index finger after hawthorn to the joint i think i'll be ordering a pair or two!!

nasty take care with joint as for reiper gloves now used my all season and still as good as new no tears damage at all only had 3 thorns try and go in but felt them and pulled away. so not had a thorn in hands since using. only time have had them when i grabbed some stuff doing a different job and a broken thorn branch was in middle and not wearing gloves so my fault. best £21 i have spent on a pair. was going to order a second pair but do not need them as my first ones are still good as new.so go and buy yourself a pair wish you got a pair earlier.

I bought myself a pair of pig skin hedging mittens 30+ years ago and still have them! if used regular they are comfy and never had anything penetrating. I was told by an old farmer to get a bottle of olive oil and soak it into them, I did and it paid off.

I guess welding gauntlets are soft from the start but I been stabbed a few times through them so always gone back to the old faithful.

Even the stitching is leather so really are built to last.