Went to price a job today and could not believe my eyes

treebloke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had similar, was clearing roadside nr a permanent

Camp they pulled over in shiny new truck ,wearing this years colours

(orange vis). Took me to there site and showed me job.

I quoted well over the top as most of them were elderly

and said I wanted paying end of each day cash.

Unfortunately I was too expensive ! But considering they

Wouldn't of paid me anyway it did make me smile.

The best bit was They did have an old tin wormed cherry picker with flat tyres

and bits missing they said I could use :thumbup:

Surely there money is as good as anybody elses its all work and helps pay the bills. But be carefull with the payment (half the money when half the jobs complete) reminder on completion. Make sure you establish which one of the travellers you are working for and just double check all the work being carried out is above board with local authoritys.

Surely there money is as good as anybody elses its all work and helps pay the bills. But be carefull with the payment (half the money when half the jobs complete) reminder on completion. Make sure you establish which one of the travellers you are working for and just double check all the work being carried out is above board with local authoritys.

There money is as good as anybody elses, coz it usually is!

Do you really think they work pay the bill fair and square - no chance.

'Would touch it with yours', as they say!

Edited by Stephen Blair
Swearing

Are we just tarring all travellers with the same brush here? How do we know that they aren't going to pay the bill?

Cos they're scum!

I had the exact same experience a few years ago with a job to top a big row of huge Cypress and grind out some stumps on a lawn. I laughed and walked off. I later heard a stump grinder chap did the stumps and never got paid.

We did some grass cutting for a travellers site a few years ago and they paid double what we quoted so don't believe all the hype

As I say; tarring all with the one brush. I know you don't get a bad rep for no reason but surely they can't all be the same? There's plenty of dodgy rip off artists all over the show that aren't travellers.

Are we just tarring all travellers with the same brush here? How do we know that they aren't going to pay the bill?

Quite true but is it a risk worth taking, the lad did seem quite genuine but I have had dealings like this before so it makes you a little cautious.

I would suspect they will want more done than quoted for so I will give them a price and it will be in writing and very specific.